Fair price 2015 3500hd srw?

I paid 44,500$ out the door for 2015 3500 srw crew cab z71 LT, with 0% financing for 5yrs

Tungsten metallic

Leather

Heated seats

Nav with 8" screen

Chrome steps bars

Mudflaps

Spray in bedliner

Tow package

Tow mirrors

With 22,000 trade in

8k not bad.

I just can't get over how high the cost of these trucks have become. Paid 42.5 before tax and plate (bought out of state) for my 2010 duramax stickered 52.5 back in March 2010.

Very true. I owned 2006 duramax for 10yrs and was hesitant on switching to gas. I do not regret the change. Yes the power of diesel was nice. I know my neighbors don't miss the duramax lol

But I thought inflation is non-existent, effective interest rates @ 0% and commodity prices tanking. Guess that explains why truck prices have risen so dramatically!

Back on 8/31 on n a $50k MSRP 2500HD LT Z71 6.0, dealer offered $41k plus all accessories at cost. This enabled me to start with a basic truck and build it with only the things I cared about. Added AMP steps, spray-n liner, bedrug, Katzkin leather seats, mud guards, under seat rear storage, weathertech liners and tonneau (it came with a hitch, towing mirrrs, roof lights and 18" wheels, 8" screen but no nav) and still keep the acquisition cost near $45k. I later picked up a new take-off set of OE 20" 'summer' wheels/tires. Nothing wasted.

Given that our previous 'family car' was a Honda Oddessy minivan that cost nearly as much, I'm not complaining. And compared to the price of the Suburban I actually entered the dealership to buy, this was a welcome and more versatile bargain. I suspect the 6.0 is easier for them to discount. Comparing the 6.0 'net' to the Dmax premium was a no brainer for my typical use.

Archived