SLT vs All Terrain vs Nightfall

Janster

Hi Gang,

I'm a Tacoma owner who's considering buying a Canyon. I've been researching my arse off here lately. About the only thing I need to do yet, is drive a Canyon.

I've been on the GMC build site a gazillion times putting together various things/options and I have questions.

I'm looking at an SLT, fully loaded.....with basically everything. Leather, heated seats, heated mirrors, yadda yadda yadda. However - I don't like chrome so much. That is why I like the All Terrain and the Nightfall for its body colored or black bumpers, mirrors, etc.

So, it appears I can't get Leather and and misc other things that come in the SLT standard - on the All Terrain & Nightfall. Or is there a hidden option that the website isn't showing?

If I stick to the SLT - Is there an option to eliminate all the chrome? Or atleast tone it down? Chrome grill inserts are OK. The chrome grill surround just seems like a lot on the chrome rear bumper...ekkk. LOL. I'm diggin the Copper Red Metallic, but I haven't seen it in person yet (and I need to drive a canyon still). It might be a figment of my imagination that the chrome sticks out more on certain body colors.... ?? I wasn't sure if there was an option or code you could ask for to eliminate the chrome?

I'm sure I'll 'get over it' (the chrome that is). LOL

I really don't want to have leather done -after the fact- or install various options myself because I can't get them. I'm old now...and have done that kinda work since I could drive. For once, I want a vehicle that I don't need to install things in it. I gotta install a Homelink system to begin with...LOL

Any thoughts?

I have a black 2016 SLT and love it! Chrome looks good on it to me but I can see your point with other colors. GMC shows body colored grill "inserts" as accessories. Not sure if it replaces the whole grill or not. I do not recall seeing a different rear bumper option but I'm sure they are out there. Hope this helps...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a black 2016 SLT and love it! Chrome looks good on it to me but I can see your point with other colors. GMC shows body colored grill "inserts" as accessories. Not sure if it replaces the whole grill or not. I do not recall seeing a different rear bumper option but I'm sure they are out there. Hope this helps...good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

I wasn't sure if there was some hidden option that you won't see online.

My husband thinks I should wait ...it'll probably grow on me! LOL

And actually...I keep looking at online picts and its growing on me already.

Typical woman, can't make up her mind. LOL

You can't get leather in the all terrain package when I went to look at the canyon they did not have the SLE All terrains in stock so I waited like a month then got the call 2 had arrived they are nice but I am glad I purchased the SLT I like the leather and the chrome and I chose a bronze metallic such a nice truck glad I chose that one over the all terrain they Drive so nice go test drive one and you will fall in lovepost-154360-0-29038000-1455304819_thumb.jpg

post-154360-0-29038000-1455304819_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

These trucks are kind of evolving as they are produced! I am waiting to drive a Duramax Colorado/Canyon myself. All production is going to the US for now. I think the diesel models are going to be very popular! Actually am hoping they build the ZR2 again! I had a Sonoma Highrider ZR2 a few years back and had a ton of fun with it!

I have a AT with leatheretc. Basically is the SLT package and AT package.

You have a Sierra that's different the canyon A/T Package is only available on the SLE models and only offers Jet Black/Cobalt Red, Cloth seat trim no leather

Archived