Magnaflow 11229 silverado

22ink

I have been avidly reading all of the exhaust threads since I purchased my 2015 5.3 silverado back in october. I've been watching YouTube videos...manufacturers videos...and anything I could to make the best choice I could. I have had many trucks ....and I have had many exhaust setups....brands etc. I enjoyed the quiet of the truck for a few months but it didn't really feel like a truck without any exhaust sound at all. Obviously I understand all setups are different...and their resulting sound subjective to the person. I visited my dealer who I have a great and longstanding relationship with.....they had a truck with the gm borla...it was nice....but I couldn't get past the cost...I have never spent that kind of money on an exhaust and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I finally took a chance .....thinking....If I hate it I'll go back to stock.

So, I went with a magnaflow 14" 11229 ....removed the flapper and the resonator and I LOVE IT. I also put on a double wall corsa type tip and ran it out the stock location....it's a single in single out. At speed it's very very subtle....you could whisper in the cab and hear your passengers....throttle easy and she growls.....step on it midway aggressively and she gets a little angry sounding....hard throttle sounds like a beast.....it's feel lucky to have found exactly what I was looking for ....at 220 out the door.....just throwing it out there for those of you that we're like me...really apprehensive....The magnaflows sound good (subjective)....v4 chop is so subtle I can barely tell......I took my range afm out to hear it on purpose.....wouldn't be an issue for me as some described it as loud....it's not on mine......truck is stock other than an Airaid MIT .....just my .02

post-149130-0-54787500-1454806106_thumb.jpg

post-149130-0-45032500-1454806119_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been searching for about 8 or 9 months for the perfect exhaust and have yet to really find one i like.

I have a Volant catback coming as i really like that sound but if i am not happy i will just replace the muffler with something else.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

I have been searching for about 8 or 9 months for the perfect exhaust and have yet to really find one i like.

I have a Volant catback coming as i really like that sound but if i am not happy i will just replace the muffler with something else.

I can't tell you how much more I enjoy driving it now....good luck with your catback....I hope it's the sound your looking for.....

I can't tell you how much more I enjoy driving it now....good luck with your catback....I hope it's the sound your looking for.....

If its not..... Replace the muffler is not hard.... Plus i get stainless pipes anyway!!!

post-143469-145479877855_thumb.jpg

I have been avidly reading all of the exhaust threads since I purchased my 2015 5.3 silverado back in october. I've been watching YouTube videos...manufacturers videos...and anything I could to make the best choice I could. I have had many trucks ....and I have had many exhaust setups....brands etc. I enjoyed the quiet of the truck for a few months but it didn't really feel like a truck without any exhaust sound at all. Obviously I understand all setups are different...and their resulting sound subjective to the person. I visited my dealer who I have a great and longstanding relationship with.....they had a truck with the gm borla...it was nice....but I couldn't get past the cost...I have never spent that kind of money on an exhaust and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I finally took a chance .....thinking....If I hate it I'll go back to stock.

So, I went with a magnaflow 14" 11229 ....removed the flapper and the resonator and I LOVE IT. I also put on a double wall corsa type tip and ran it out the stock location....it's a single in single out. At speed it's very very subtle....you could whisper in the cab and hear your passengers....throttle easy and she growls.....step on it midway aggressively and she gets a little angry sounding....hard throttle sounds like a beast.....it's feel lucky to have found exactly what I was looking for ....at 220 out the door.....just throwing it out there for those of you that we're like me...really apprehensive....The magnaflows sound good (subjective)....v4 chop is so subtle I can barely tell......I took my range afm out to hear it on purpose.....wouldn't be an issue for me as some described it as loud....it's not on mine......truck is stock other than an Airaid MIT .....just my .02

Have the same setup over 60,000 miles. It gets better good choice

Have the same setup over 60,000 miles. It gets better good choice

Better?....good to know.....been hitting every red light on purpose....just to give it the gas....does it get a Lil louder Slav0?

• 3 weeks later...

I just removed everything from muffler back...muffler ...flapper and resonator...it's the perfect blend for me with v8 sound when I want and silence when I want....I had an 04 1500 with a more agressive set up and the constant sound at highway speed drove me nuts....getting old guess ...

Where did u order from

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I called my local exhaust shop and told them I wanted this part number...14"...same day delivered and boom...45 minutes later it's done

Archived