never would have thought

Well... due to an unfortunate interaction between our dog and a skunk at the house the other night, my truck was in the ground zero radius of the blast. So it was pretty stinky inside. To help get rid of the stink, I replaced the cabin filter, and was literally blown away at how dirty it was!! The truck is not quite a year old. I'm a believer now in regular changes of this filter.

IMG_20160205_131342_zpsbdjx5xra.jpg

IMG_20160205_131337_zps4ongs9zn.jpg

Yeah, I do regular maintenance on my vehicles like there is no tomorrow, but the cabin filter is usually one folks overlook. I bought a Tahoe in 2000 and finally got around to changing that filter about a year so ago, at least yours still have white strips.

Well... due to an unfortunate interaction between our dog and a skunk at the house the other night, my truck was in the ground zero radius of the blast. So it was pretty stinky inside. To help get rid of the stink, I replaced the cabin filter, and was literally blown away at how dirty it was!! The truck is not quite a year old. I'm a believer now in regular changes of this filter.

IMG_20160205_131342_zpsbdjx5xra.jpg

IMG_20160205_131337_zps4ongs9zn.jpg

Where is the cabin filter on the 2015 Sierra HD? I have the same truck and just made a year on the truck...only have 4200 miles so far.

Sierra Boy

Whoa!! And I thought mine was bad Daryl. Like I was saying, I never would have thought that they would get so dirty, I'm a convert now. I'll be changing that sucker once a year now

Don't know if the new HD have cabin filters the older HDs do not.

The late GMT800s and GMT900s don't. The early GMT800s do have one. Not sure why they took them off...

Sent from my Vortec-powered Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Don't know if the new HD have cabin filters the older HDs do not.

Yeppers. 2014+up 1500, and 2015+up HD have them. 2002 or 2003 was the last year on the GMT-800 then the bean counters got their way until 2014. On the GMT-900, GM has a service kit to add one.

Archived