posi rear diff

I thought all new trucks had a g80 under them

Nope...

I dont even think its standard on anything but the Z71 package.

Someone correct me tho.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

I am sure there are lots of options LSD, Locker, Tru trac. not sure if you can keep the gears or not. If you can, the pinion depth will have to be checked to make sure it is laying down the right pattern for drive and coast. In all likelyhood you would need the carrier, bearings, rebuild kit that comes with all of the seals, shims and gaskets, and possibly the gears. The rear end shop will be able to price it out for you. There is no warranty on parts if you supply them so i would pay the few extra bucks and have the shop supply them.

is the 3.08 a limited slip diff, it feels like a one wheel peel. any suggestions , I spin a little on every start, sucks when there is just a skif of snow on the ground

Check your glove box for the code G80.

Mine has the locker but i have a Z71 with 3.08 gears

is the 3.08 a limited slip diff, it feels like a one wheel peel. any suggestions , I spin a little on every start, sucks when there is just a skif of snow on the ground

Check your glove box for the code G80.

Mine has the locker but i have a Z71 with 3.08 gears

In the past just because you had a Z71 did not mean you had the G80. My 2002 was a Z71 but had an open diff. It had a 4.10 gear ratio and I think that year the G80 could not be combined with the 4.10 or something. I ended up putting in a Detroit locker in the back and it worked well for me, just had to be careful on wet/snow covered roads.

Archived