Truck Bed Organizer Solutions

Curious what others are using to keep their beds organized? 80% of the time, I only need the last 3' of the bed (groceries, luggage, ski boots, etc.) and hate having to crawl inside to retrieve items. I've seen products like the AMP extender, cargo nets, etc. but wonder might work best.

Photo's and or links?

I have a cheap cargo bar from wal-mart. It does OK toss a couple of totes back there in combo with that and you'd be in good shape. I keep a tool box and a trunk organizer canvas thing from wally mall. I put groceries etc in the back seat mostly but, It's usually just myself and the wife in my truck so I rarely use the back seats. I think a 2x6 in the formed slots would be better for most of my needs so I may cut one of those if I wasn't so lazy I'd have done some a couple of years ago

I trimmed two 2x8 non pressure treated boards,and had black line-x sprayed on them. They have a nice grip to them when you pick them up, and they hold the groceries really well.

I installed an Amp bed extender.

Works great with my SolidFold tonneau, and since I got the larger one with straight sides it can handle a shopping trip to Costco with no problem.

( Do we really need this much toilet paper?)

I've also used it to surround full 4x8 sheets when flipped out on the 6.5 foot bed.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175811-looking-for-a-bed-extender/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1677522

Curious what others are using to keep their beds organized? 80% of the time, I only need the last 3' of the bed (groceries, luggage, ski boots, etc.) and hate having to crawl inside to retrieve items. I've seen products like the AMP extender, cargo nets, etc. but wonder might work best.

Photo's and or links?

11ee1e442d6769e7e0c8088d39c54b41.jpg

Amp Bed Extender is the way to go. This was one of my first mods for the same reasons of the OP. This should be an option on all trucks.

a292951e1cfbe66c726ac65f0759109c.jpg

I really like those, but it wouldn't work with the bed cover I already had which stinks because I would've gotten one instead of my line-x boards.

I really like those, but it wouldn't work with the bed cover I already had which stinks because I would've gotten one instead of my line-x boards.

It works fine with my Pace Edwards Bedlocker. The above pictured extender is made to be used with covers.

Dee zee had a bed extender, it added 20" to the bed and gave functionality to tailgate. They discontinued it havent found anything close to it. All of the bed extenders are open, dont see how a 2x4 wouldnt slide through

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have a 2x6 cut to fit the slots in the bed. I cut out a handle to make it easy to pull out. That is sufficient for 90% of my hauling, it's easy to remove and store if I have larger loads. I also keeps a bunch of bungee cords and will use the factory tiedowns and the handle to keep everything secure. I am also thinking of putting a few eyebolts into the 2x6 for additional tiedowns.

I have used the 2x6 in all the bedslots as well as the indents on the wheel arch (where it is a nifty little seat for the kiddos for tailgating.

Archived