2015 CHEVY 2500HD LT Seats

I traded in a 2015 Chevy 1500-- LT z71--fully loaded for an LT 2500HD.

The 2500 HD LT is nothing more than a rebadged work truck. Radio/MyLink is total crap, no backup camera, and the seats are the worst most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in.... They may be worse than the old school Work Truck seats.

To be honest, I have had every Chevy truck body style from 1962 to 2016 -- and I don't know if I would do another one. I bought my wife a new Tahoe this year, and two new Chevy trucks, and honestly I think this new series is not a good as the previous body style.

This was the first trip we took in the new truck....and the LT seat was so uncomfortable-- I thought about looking for a Junk Yard and adding a cloth seat from any previous year. There is no adjustment on these seats, and the "lumbar support" does nothing.

Don't get tricked. Buy a work truck, add wheels and you have the same truck almost as the high country. I'm either going to look for OEM leather seats, or trade the truck. Mistake. LT-- isn't what it use to be....

I towed a ski boat and got an average of 8.4 MPG!!! On the interstate!!!. Is there a programmer out there? If not--run this one thru the sale.

Brent

? A 1500 and a 2500 LT are the same thing inside. Obviously you didn't find the right LT HD? Or, it really was a WT truck and they tricked you in to buying it. Got any pictures of the truck?

Literally...both 1/2 ton and HD roll down the same lines, get the same interiors (radios, seats, consoles, dash, carpet, electronics, etc.).

They are not the same. I'll send pictures of both. That was what I was told as well. Its not the case....there is no way they use the same products in both trucks. Or the 2500HD is a Monday truck and they thought it would be funny to add a seat with the lower cushion at 1/2 depth..... I can't get the pics to load. I will get them out there ASAP.

Brent

You can check my photos--I just can't figure out how to upload....

Thank you.

Def. not a loaded up LT HD. No fogs, so it doesn't have the LT convenience package, which means no power seat, no fogs, no auto climate, no backup camera and no big MyLink radio. They sold you into a lesser optioned LT trim level truck. My regular cab has the LT convenience pkg. 10 way power driver seat, backup camera, MyLink, fogs, etc. The EXACT same stuff a similarly optioned 1500 would have.

Don't take this the wrong way but, if you came out of a loaded LT, and looked at/drove this prior to purchasing, you should/would have noticed that it wasn't "loaded" with the right options.

I bought this truck online-- or I would have realized the major difference in the LT trim levels-- they are not the same.

My point being a Silverado LT-- is not the same as it has been in the past!!! The 2500 HD LT is what the work truck was in years past. And do you have any suggestions on a programmer? ITs mileage is terrible.

Thanks.

Brent

I bought this truck online-- or I would have realized the major difference in the LT trim levels-- they are not the same.

My point being a Silverado LT-- is not the same as it has been in the past!!! The 2500 HD LT is what the work truck was in years past. And do you have any suggestions on a programmer? ITs mileage is terrible.

Thanks.

Brent

Work truck NEVER had the stuff that LT has now. You just have a shitty optioned LT.

Blackbear for programming.

Yeah, I agree with 15HD, just a "low-level" LT.

Back in day, LT stood for "Luxury Touring", back when they made Astro vans. Today, LT is their mid-level truck, but they add all sorts of step-up options (all-star convenience package and seems like many variations of that). Even the LTZ has variations.

Take your seats to an upholstery shop and see if they can re-work them for a modest price and add some padding and what not.

Your gas mileage sounds like it's in the ballpark when towing.

Work truck NEVER had the stuff that LT has now. You just have a shitty optioned LT.

Blackbear for programming.

x2 on both

Anyone want to break the bad news to him that the LTZ/High country seats are the same...

What speed are you towing at??? At 65 mph you should get 10 mpg once its broken in.....

I get 14 towing with my duramax my Utility trailer which is tall and aerodynamics of a brick

Brent:Is yours a Diesel or gas?

I am sorry you got stuck with a bare bones truck. Mine is an LTZ with Z 71 package, diesel,and Bose - Its an early 15 so was pretty loaded for that time frame.

My seats are very comfortable, done 800 miles in one day. Get 20 mpg hwy - no trailer.

Brent:Is yours a Diesel or gas?

I am sorry you got stuck with a bare bones truck. Mine is an LTZ with Z 71 package, diesel,and Bose - Its an early 15 so was pretty loaded for that time frame.

My seats are very comfortable, done 800 miles in one day. Get 20 mpg hwy - no trailer.

Funny that one has to clarify something like that as they keep adding and enhancing the interiors of these things every few months it seems. Of course they keep "enhancing" the price too!

OP, good luck at an upholstery shop.

Archived