New here

ragin_cajuns

I hope to pick up my new Sierra today. Waiting for the dealer to call to tell me if it is in today or not. 2016 Sierra SLT, Z71 4x4, silver, sunroof, loaded. Swapping out the chrome wheels for the aluminum wheels with painted accents that comes on the AT. Want to also swap the grill for the AT grill if that isn't too hard to do but the first thing I want to do is put a leveling kit.

Any North Dallas area owners? Where is a good spot to have a leveling kit installed? I called 4 Wheel Parts in Coppell - they want about $600 for a 2.5inch leveling kit.

Is 2.5 inches right to level it out?

Thanks,

2.5in is too much IMO. Plus you have a worse ride, and greater likelihood of future issues with ball joints, etc. With the way these trucks are designed, they look noise high even with 0- 0.5in of rake up front.. I would get a 1.5in level (under strut) that will leave you with 1.5-2in of rake.

Again, just my opinion.. after having 2 of these trucks and every possible leveling solution available.

Welcome, that's high, I got my leveling kit both get and installed for $350. I live in St. Bernard, Louisiana. I have a rough country kit.

Cool - I'm from Houma, La so I know where St Bernard is.

2.5in is too much IMO. Plus you have a worse ride, and greater likelihood of future issues with ball joints, etc. With the way these trucks are designed, they look noise high even with 0- 0.5in of rake up front.. I would get a 1.5in level (under strut) that will leave you with 1.5-2in of rake.

Again, just my opinion.. after having 2 of these trucks and every possible leveling solution available.

definitely don't want to be nose up. thanks for the info.

you technically won't be "nose up" with a 2-2.5in level - truck should sit close to a "true level" However, "true level" by taking measurements visually looks a little noise high with these trucks. I would want at least 1.5in of rake. Again, just my opinion.

Picked up my truck last night. SLT, Z71, 4x4.

Next up - leveling kit, get rid of the chrome mirror caps, chrome door handles, possibly swap for the AT grill. I already had the dealer swap out the chrome wheels.

335b3fl.png

front air dam - you are referring to the black piece under the front bumper? i took that off my 07 silverado when i leveled it. like it better without too.

you had a 2 inch lift in front? is it the angle of your driveway or does your truck now look a little nose up? not sure what to go with on leveling kit.

Archived