Timeshift radio in 2016

Apologize in advance if this information is out there somewhere. I googled around and searched this forum, but couldn't find answer

I took my 2015 in yesterday for not blowing cold air, which I see is pretty common. They gave me a 2016 loaner and I noticed the radio had some different buttons and was also missing the PAUSE button for the radio. Did they remove this feature ? I use it all the time in my 2015.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes regular radio too. If you are going to stop somewhere to run an errand it's nice to pause and then you have a buffer of songs or whatever to listen or skip thru when you get back on road

totally different thing, but I wish the PAUSE/REW/FFWD buttons was higher up on the screen and not so close to the bottom row. It's very easy to hit a preset instead of pause and then you lose all your saved data

I use mine all the time. Yes it works on all radio sources (radio, not CD or AUX). Yes they removed it for 2016 (but brought HD radio back, which was present in 2014 but removed in 2015).

I use it all the time as well. Great at the drive through, or for when a call comes in. The bigger omission for me though, is the absence of an SD card slot in the 16's. I have my whole music library on a 32gb class 10 SD card. It's much faster than using the USB input with a memory stick. I'm considering upgrading my HMI to the '16 version, for the speed increase and CarPlay. I need to see if I'll lose the SD card if I do this. That, along with losing the pause feature would probably keep me from upgrading.

Wait. Am I reading this right. I have a 15 Silverado w xm. I can pause or rewind the xm. So if I'm listening to a song and want to hear it again I can rewind it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Wait. Am I reading this right. I have a 15 Silverado w xm. I can pause or rewind the xm. So if I'm listening to a song and want to hear it again I can rewind it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes

Dang I didn't know they got ride of that. This is the first time I have had a radio with it and I don't think I could do with out it now. Wife loves to make calls during the good songs. Hate that crap.

Dang I didn't know they got ride of that. This is the first time I have had a radio with it and I don't think I could do with out it now. Wife loves to make calls during the good songs. Hate that crap.

I use it all the time as well. Great at the drive through, or for when a call comes in. The bigger omission for me though, is the absence of an SD card slot in the 16's. I have my whole music library on a 32gb class 10 SD card. It's much faster than using the USB input with a memory stick. I'm considering upgrading my HMI to the '16 version, for the speed increase and CarPlay. I need to see if I'll lose the SD card if I do this. That, along with losing the pause feature would probably keep me from upgrading.

Wait - the 16's don't have an SD slot? Do you have buckets seats or bench?

On the bucket seats it's located in the center console. Flip the console lid open and it should be over on the right hand side near the front.

On the bench seat it should be located in the bank of ports under the center of the dash.

At least that's how it is on 2014/2015's ...

Archived