Anyone done an Add A Leaf instead of a block?

Was wondering if anyone with a new k2 truck has done an AAL instead of a new block out back. The stock block is 1" and I was going to go to a 2" but I have an AAL laying around from my last truck (along with a bunch of different blocks) so was just curious if you have done it, does it:

- make the ride a lot stiffer?

- how much did it raise the truck in the back?

- I noticed there are pads in between each leaf spring, did you purchase extra pads or just stick it on the bottom of the other springs?

I usually haul or tow a lot so this is beneficial to it not sagging as bad. I realize that it won't increase my capacity (legally), but it should keep it from getting so much rake from the 2" level

Dorman makes replacement leaf spring pads if you need them. They're made from a plastic called Delrin. They keep the leaf springs from squeaking when they're clean and intact.

Down the road I'm considering swapping out my blocks for an add-a-leaf or combining the two if I lift the front any higher. I don't like the idea of using any bigger of a block than what I have now. Too squirrely with that much axle wrap.

Here's an install video for the Zone add-a-leaf:

Dorman makes replacement leaf spring pads if you need them. They're made from a plastic called Delrin. They keep the leaf springs from squeaking when they're clean and intact.

Down the road I'm considering swapping out my blocks for an add-a-leaf or combining the two if I lift the front any higher. I don't like the idea of using any bigger of a block than what I have now. Too squirrely with that much axle wrap.

Here's an install video for the Zone add-a-leaf:

https://youtu.be/wsHZapF-mwc

I was looking for the aluminum shim as mentioned in the video. I see that their kit is only $50, wonder what they would charge me for just the aluminum shim? I'll have to contact them today
  • Like 1

The video said to replace the rear shocks can you use the stock height shocks if you want or do you have to buy different ones

I went to their website and it didn't say anything about aftermarket shocks but I'm probably going with bilstein 5100's when I do it anyways

i was wondering the same thing. i came from a 2500 that never sagged at all, by no means am i overloading the 1500 but dam this thing sags with anything on the back. was thinking the Airlift airbag kit for 300$ or the add a leaf. i dont want it to sit higher than it already is thats why i was leaning toward the air bag kit but you have to manually add air to them unless your pockets are deep for the auto compressor.

Can you use the add a leaf and remove the stock 1 inch block to make it look the same right now? i just have the 2 inch front level and it sits perfect for my liking.

i was wondering the same thing. i came from a 2500 that never sagged at all, by no means am i overloading the 1500 but dam this thing sags with anything on the back. was thinking the Airlift airbag kit for 300$ or the add a leaf. i dont want it to sit higher than it already is thats why i was leaning toward the air bag kit but you have to manually add air to them unless your pockets are deep for the auto compressor.

Can you use the add a leaf and remove the stock 1 inch block to make it look the same right now? i just have the 2 inch front level and it sits perfect for my liking.

Yes you can and that is what I was going to recommend., should gain about a 1/2in. lift.

That's a good idea. I have two leafs laying in my garage that I would like to add to my truck, but I didn't want to put the rear end two more inches in the air.

The video said to replace the rear shocks can you use the stock height shocks if you want or do you have to buy different ones

I replaced my rear shocks when I liftedd the rear 2". If you don't want to buy high dollar shocks, you can call a company like Bilstein or Rancho, tell them what you're changing on the truck and they'll find a part that will work. You don't want to overextend a stock shock, not a good situation haha.

Yes you can and that is what I was going to recommend., should gain about a 1/2in. lift.

That's a good idea. I have two leafs laying in my garage that I would like to add to my truck, but I didn't want to put the rear end two more inches in the air.

Good! im prob gonna buy the aaL kit and well see how it performs, could always add air bags too down the road if the leaf leaves more to be desired.

Good! im prob gonna buy the aaL kit and well see how it performs, could always add air bags too down the road if the leaf leaves more to be desired.

I think taking the block out and adding my helper leaf will be perfect for me. I want to level my truck up front with a 2" key, and I don't want to go any higher than that, so with that and doing the leaf for block swap it should sit exactly how I want it, and hopefully it won't sag so bad as soon as I haul my trailer or quad. Edited by Daryl Z71

I think taking the block out and adding my helper leaf will be perfect for me. I want to level my truck up front with a 2" key, and I don't want to go any higher than that, so with that and doing the leaf for block swap it should sit exactly how I want it, and hopefully it won't sag so bad as soon as I haul my trailer or quad.

yea definitely, i think it would help even more with the sag because it will get stiffer with the more weight on it. and trucks always ride better with weight on them.

• Like 1