Decisions, Decisions

beyondbasic

anyone else ever consider trading there truck for a camaro or corvette. i been pondering with the idea for about a month, and the deals on the certifieds in my area of NY for camaro and corvettes have been great. man if i didnt live on top of a mountain i would of pulled the trigger already.

If you do any hauling whatsoever you will regret it.

I would never do without my truck. I have been lucky enough to add a camaro as a second weekend/nice weather vehicle

I'm with the guy over there ^^

As much as I like both of those cars I would choose either for a primary vehicle. And I do have a summer car too and to be honest as much as I enjoy driving it I still am glad to get back in my truck... Maybe I'm just more of a truck guy? :dunno:

i mean i have a 2016 malibu that my wife runs around in. the downfall is again i live ontop of a mountain in upstate ny, work in Law Enforcement so getting to work is a must, so even if i did trade i would have to dump additional for a beater 4x4 for work. i guess im better off paying a bit extra to get her paid off quick then having the best of both as well.

I traded my 2012 1500 GMC Sierra Denali for a 2012 Ford Mustang GT500 with SVTPP and recaro seats. The only reason I sold that car and boughy my truck was because the original owner of the GT500 ruined the transmission. It was under warranty so I had Ford fix it and then bought my truck before any other issues occured. With that being said I did have my 2005 1500 GMC Sierra at the same time. So I never had a situation where I needed a vehicle I didn't have. It's a tough choice but for me I need a truck at all times. Do I really "need" it? Hell no, but I love its versatility.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Can't do cars, I just am always using and needing my truck. Plus I really don't like getting up out of a car. Every time I had a car as my primary vehicle I ended up regretting it and would end up right back in a truck/SUV. Plus in your situation I don't think a car would work out for you.

Are you 60+ years old? If yes, a Corvette is possible. If no, then you are not able to have one yet.....you're not in the club yet.

Does "weather" make it difficult to get to work sometimes? If yes, the Camaro will not work for you....unless you have a lot of friends that don't mind pushing.

Hope that helps

Are you 60+ years old? If yes, a Corvette is possible. If no, then you are not able to have one yet.....you're not in the club yet.

Does "weather" make it difficult to get to work sometimes? If yes, the Camaro will not work for you....unless you have a lot of friends that don't mind pushing.

Hope that helps

All you need is a good winter tire I know plenty of people who get around in the snow in Camaros

Ryan

Hope that helps

All you need is a good winter tire I know plenty of people who get around in the snow in Camaros

Ryan

A few years back I was dead set on trading my 2007 classic Silverado for an 08 Trailblazer SS AWD. I was so far along that I was sitting in the dealership with the papers in front of me to sign. Then, I got a phone call from my mother asking to pick up a Christmas present for my father that she couldn't fit in her Equinox. I realized right then and there I would never be without a truck. You just never realize how much you need a pickup bed until you no longer wouldn't have one.

Hell I wasn't even moving to a car, that suv could carry quite a bit. I just want something I can carry a toy or a sheet of plywood in.

i mean i have a 2016 malibu that my wife runs around in. the downfall is again i live ontop of a mountain in upstate ny, work in Law Enforcement so getting to work is a must, so even if i did trade i would have to dump additional for a beater 4x4 for work. i guess im better off paying a bit extra to get her paid off quick then having the best of both as well.

That is my plan too. Besides, the 1LE Camaro reveal at the Chicago auto show means they will be on the street ready to go when my truck is paid off. :thumbs:

Looking at all 3 pics (avatar and signature), I would have to ask: would you take a Camaro/Vette there? It sure looks like you need a truck. I'd pay off what you got instead of getting a beater, THEN buy the Camaro/Vette. They'll still be making them.

Another point about the beater... I did a trade like that once. I spent enough fixing the beater that I could have bought out the vehicle I already had - even if I'd still bought the other car.

On edit: a third thought. If you really, really want a hot rod to mess around with, why not get a "beater" camaro or vette instead? Then, once your truck is paid off you can either devote more funds to the build, or trade in the beater for a new car. Just an idea.

Looking at all 3 pics (avatar and signature), I would have to ask: would you take a Camaro/Vette there? It sure looks like you need a truck. I'd pay off what you got instead of getting a beater, THEN buy the Camaro/Vette. They'll still be making them.

Another point about the beater... I did a trade like that once. I spent enough fixing the beater that I could have bought out the vehicle I already had - even if I'd still bought the other car.

On edit: a third thought. If you really, really want a hot rod to mess around with, why not get a "beater" camaro or vette instead? Then, once your truck is paid off you can either devote more funds to the build, or trade in the beater for a new car. Just an idea.

I'd vote for Plan C (third thought).

Archived