New Brake Recall For Full Size GM Trucks and SUVs

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-04791800-1455552031_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
2/15/2016

General Motors 2015 and 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500, GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 models and some Police Tahoes are being recalled because the brakes could fail. NHTSA says, "On the affected vehicles, the brake pedal pivot nut may loosen, causing the brake pedal to be loose or inoperative."

post-139450-0-34112800-1455551854.jpg

The recall notice goes on to explain that, that "If the brake pedal becomes loose or inoperative, the driver may be unable to stop the vehicle by using the brake pedal. Additionally, a loose pedal may also interfere with the accelerator pedal. Either condition may increase the risk of a crash." If you have a vehicle you want to check on, you can do so right here.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 14 silveryado 1500 had 14 recalls. I sold both that and my other silveryado here in MI and bought 2 new rams and sold my yukon xl in colorado for a tundra. No more GM for me. Oh yea, after fight with GM back in may with my vibration issues with the 14 and getting blown off, I cancelled my order on 16 vette and bought a new challenger. Goodbye gm

This is miniscule.

I'd take a couple dozen like this, compared to major transmission, engine, and computer/electrical problems with no real solutions except getting it past warranty period and then sayonara, and "who are you?, oh well, the on the NEW models that problem has been corrected, of course, your trade isn't worth much being it has known problems, and most buyers are avoiding those like the plague".

That's verbatim of what Ford dealer told my neighbor about his 6.0 Ford truck.

They are charging for excellence and providing mediocrity.

That's why most new trucks will be in the graveyard before they are paid for.

Here's another reason to run from the "General".

Most of your posts have been something negative toward the GM brand. Not sure if you realize it but this is a GM specific forum and if you have nothing to contribute, you are better off elsewhere IMO. I am not a mod. but it would be a good idea for you to join a forum for the brand you seem to feel is superior to the GM offerings and haven't had any sort of issues or recalls. Since you have joined this forum, it's been nothing but posting negativity.

This is the best GM Truck forum on the internet, the most family friendly and cleanest as well. Our mod's don't play games here and don't allow the nonsense that you see on several other forums. If you are not interested in learning or helping other forum members, your best bet is to not post at all.

Every vehicle manufacturer has had recalls since the beginning of time, it's nothing new and this recall from GM is not a major issue that requires a lot of work. You keep posting that you are done with GM so you should find a forum for the manufacturer you like and post your negativity there, it's not needed around here.

My 14 silveryado 1500 had 14 recalls. I sold both that and my other silveryado here in MI and bought 2 new rams and sold my yukon xl in colorado for a tundra. No more GM for me. Oh yea, after fight with GM back in may with my vibration issues with the 14 and getting blown off, I cancelled my order on 16 vette and bought a new challenger. Goodbye gm

You recall & fix problematic parts supplied by vendors or your own mfg. No mfg is innocent nor perfect. Really is a pick your poison sort of deal.

Fiat had record $105 million fine last year. http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/26/news/companies/chrysler-105-million-fine/

Toyota 1.2 Billion for concealing safety defects. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/20/business/toyota-reaches-1-2-billion-settlement-in-criminal-inquiry.html?_r=0

No argument here that things today are built with poor QC. My line of thinking is, why can't GM be a Q.C. leader, and have the LOWEST amount of failures / cheap components / recalls out of any of them? Something to strive for, for sure. Doesn't seem like that's happening in my lifetime.

Thought they were finally recalling the '14's for the crap headlights. Oh well.

Ram and Toyota often have more recalls than GM. GM is more into it this year due to legal/publicity issues. I'm glad they are more into it, rather than Toyota who tries their best to keep from doing a recall....

LIke posted above by 01LS1: Toyota 1.2 Billion fine for concealing safety defects. http://www.nytimes.c...quiry.html?_r=0

What do you call the GM ignition scandal? U say GM didn't try to cover it up?

All OEMs do their best NOT to admit fault. The recalls don't bother me as much as items that SHOULD be recalled and are not. Everyone is well aware of the vibration issues on new trucks.

Archived