New Brake Recall For Full Size GM Trucks and SUVs

Gorehamj

You think that fine was about "safety" :lol: yeah, ANCHORED FLOORMATS were wading up in front of gas pedals and holding them down :lol:

In my experince, newer GMs just aren't made to last anymore. You still see 400s all over the place, half of them look like they have been to hell and back. I couldn't glue my 900 back together fast enough. I don't remember the roof sheet metal seperating on any of the older SUVs.

I was all set to buy a new Camaro, until my I started driving my Tahoe daily. That was my third post 2000 GM to just go to pieces before 150k. My family ran many pre 2000 GMs to 200k or close.

You are so full if it. Toyota's are 50% GM made these days. And have had anchored floormats for over a decade. Since when were you awake?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call this 100% Bull. I researched these accidents. They all had "excessive weight on their keychains" I was told in the 1980's to not put too much weight on keychains because it could cause problems. GM caught hell because of humans stupidity. Totally NOT GM's fault. Sorry, you failed.

What????? Tell that to the families of the dead. As far as I know there are a bunch of teenage girls driving around with all kinds of crap on the keyring of their Honda civics and you don't hear about them killing people.

It's been proven the ignition switch failed because of a cheap 2 cent part, and there is a RECALL because of it..... mandated by the government, not me.

I could almost guess all you have ever owned are GM vehicles.

I didn't fail, GM did.

I swear my wife had a 3 lb. keychain with mace, and a billion other trinkets, and a few keys and key chains - had that hanging from our '86 Grand Marquis ignition for over 100k miles.

The switch is original. 30 years old, 230k miles. Still works perfectly.

Try that on a new GM!

That car is still on the original power steering pump, & fuel pump too.

Salmonbum, on 21 Feb 2016 - 12:04 AM, said:

I could almost guess all you have ever owned are GM vehicles.

I didn't fail, GM did.

I've owned plenty of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Fords, and yes GM cars/trucks. Sorry you failed. Twice.

Now I see how GM stays in business. GM fanboys like Nargg.

They could build a complete pile of trash for $100, and he'd happily buy it for $85,000, then tell us how great it is. :lol:

I've been a GM guy my entire life, but starting around the '96 and up model year, I started seeing stuff fail that I had never seen before. Some little annoying interior parts, and other major stuff, like the classic rear disc / drum e-brake abortion. Never seen a more poorly engineered design in my life, using the WORST possible, bottom-of-the-barrel components.

My '07 needed a brake resurfacing right off the showroom floor with 47 miles on the clock, lower ball joints at 38k miles, noticed the front diff puking gear oil out the seal next to the CV at about 40k, strut & upper ball joint failure around 48k miles, started burning oil at 50k, hub bearings at 55k miles, and the interior has squeaked and rattled right from day one, WORSE than my '94 K1500 that had 266k miles on it when I sold it. Now, the computer is froze up, and no PID's can be downloaded and viewed via scan tool. If this is what GM does on a $30k pickup, then how bad are the rest of their cars? I for one, won't be finding out - I'll never buy new again. They had one chance to impress me, and failed miserably.

Just did a rear brake job on a Jetta this morning. Now that's how rears SHOULD be! E-brake contacts the caliper piston directly - no stupid disc/drum setup. Why GM can't make a larger version of this and use it on the trucks (or just stick with drums like my '07), I have no idea. Would be too reliable I guess. :rolleyes:

I've owned plenty of Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Fords, and yes GM cars/trucks. Sorry you failed. Twice.

Ok. You win.

So if you researched this gm ignition thing, you must work for government or a lawyer. Or was your research done with Google?

Okay guys enough about the ignition switch. Let's get back on topic which is about the brake recall.

Ok back to topic... I think most agree GM is recently lacking in quality, which is proven by the enormous about of recall after recall, as well as all the complaints current GM truck owners are talking about.

Sometimes brand loyalty makes a selected few very blind to the most obvious.

• 1 month later...

i work at a GM dealer and i just did the recall today and its not all the hard you just have to make sure the whole brake pedal assembly doesn't blow apart

Archived