Is the Chevy Colorado ZR2 In Testing?

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-29081200-1455896365_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
2/19/2016

Pictures of a truck looking pretty much exactly like the ZR2 concept truck shown here are being widely circulated today. The truck has the front end and hood of the ZR2 concept that Chevy showed off a year ago and that we reported on in March 2015 and November 2014 when it was first shown at the LA Auto Show. If Chevy is going to produce a ZR2 it sure is taking its time.

post-139450-0-93039200-1455896658.jpg

Perhaps Chevy's plan to increase production of Colorados a bit is taking shape and will allow Chevy to produce more specialty mid-size trucks. With sales still strong GM could bring the new ZR2 to market around the same time that Toyota's Tacoma TRD Pro begins to arrive.

What do you think? Is Chevy going to market the ZR2 or just keep on teasing fans?

Check out the photos in question over on TruckTrend

That damn truck better come with the Duramax like it is shown in the pictures above. I would honestly consider selling/trading my 1500 for a ZR2 Duramax.

I doubt it. No one is going to pay $4000 more for a diesel when fuel is this cheap, especially on a truck that will already be very expensive in the segment. I can't find any new articles on the Ram Ecodiesel but last year or whenever it first came out they were selling like mad. I suspect the small demographic that wanted them now has them and orders have fallen flat. Everyone always says they want a diesel but when it comes out, very few take the plunge. It isn't worth it.

I doubt it. No one is going to pay $4000 more for a diesel when fuel is this cheap, especially on a truck that will already be very expensive in the segment. I can't find any new articles on the Ram Ecodiesel but last year or whenever it first came out they were selling like mad. I suspect the small demographic that wanted them now has them and orders have fallen flat. Everyone always says they want a diesel but when it comes out, very few take the plunge. It isn't worth it.

If it doesn't come out as diesel then it sure as hell won't sell well in the long run. But a diesel in this would be great because of all that low end power. Plus once you delete a diesel your mpg skyrockets. There are guys with delete 2500HD and 3500HD's getting high 20's low 30's on the highway and 20's around town. Very impressive what the new LML can do once deleted.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It won't sell in the long run? Any proof? There is no indication the Ram diesel is breaking records after the initial early adopters and I fully expect the regular Colorado/Canyon diesels to be the same. Most people aren't going to risk warranty or inspection issues to do a delete on diesel emissions either.

It won't sell in the long run? Any proof? There is no indication the Ram diesel is breaking records after the initial early adopters and I fully expect the regular Colorado/Canyon diesels to be the same. Most people aren't going to risk warranty or inspection issues to do a delete on diesel emissions either.

Of course there isn't proof lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just me but the more i look at those pics all i see is a wider fender flare and tire with a standard stock suspension used. It is obvious to me it looks nowhere near as cool as the concept shown in the picture above which is too bad imo.

I just do not understand this all out approach to Camaro's and Corvette's giving their fans what they desire, while doing nothing of the sort for the one gm division that actually makes money and in all honesty has kept them in business the last few decades which is their truck division!

Goreham do you ever get to discuss things with general motors management teams that decide what and how to build their product? Would be interesting to hear someone at gm with authority try and give reasons for the neutered approach to their truck lines and SUV lines for that matter. They seem to be content with allowing all the competition to be better then them!

Archived