Simple question. I am currently wiring in my blackvue cameras and am looking to remove the door sill assembly on the drivers side (not sure if that's the right term). It seems like the whole plastic assembly is just clicked in and can be popped out, but before breaking any plastic pieces, I want to make sure that this would be the right approach. Can someone send me a link to a video and/or instructions as to how to remove the whole assembly? Just so you guys know what I am talking about, I have attached a picture. I am connecting the wires to an external cellink b battery which will be located under the driver seat.

Thanks

post-154702-0-94043500-1455897807_thumb.jpg

^ This. Had to do this for wiring in my power tailgate lock. Removing the outer sill panel is extremely easy -- as Toro says, get a hold of some plastic pry tools (they're like $7 at Harbor Freight), slip it under the edges, and pry upwards and move towards the front. This part is rather resilient --it's the tabs on the plastic case beneath it, which encloses the wiring harness, that are a little difficult to work with...

Question on the Denali sill: Is the bronze-ish color on the aluminum some sort of anodizing? Have you noticed it scratched off on your plate? I am wanting to add the back door plates to my SLT but would need to polish them or something to match the lighter colored SLT aluminum.

Thanks-

Archived