My weird experience

Cavenaut

So i posted before about the splash screen on my DIC saying chevy (2014 sierra). Im trying to get the splash screen to come on so i can show it to the dealer tomorrow but cant get it to do it, it just goes straight to the interface. Also, my color scheme doesnt look like either chevy nor gmc DIC that i see on youtube. So what the heck do i have? Im not having any issues or anything, but i want to make sure my truck is the way it is intended to be.

Should come on with truck off and key out of ignition switch, open and close the door (so if you pull into the dealer service lane, shut off truck, remove key, open and close door, then you should see it). If you insert the key before the splash screen cycles, you will interrupt the cycle which then shows the interface screen.

There were a lot of issues with the "peek in update" causing this issue you describe - it updated the splash screen. Some GMC owners got the Chevy splash screen if the tech didn't download the correct version for the VIN. I was at my dealer for something else and a guy came in with a Cadillac splash screen on his Silverado. It looked unique, but he was concerned that something else was wrong, so they fixed it for him.

Also, my color scheme doesnt look like either chevy nor gmc DIC that i see on youtube. So what the heck do i have? Im not having any issues or anything, but i want to make sure my truck is the way it is intended to be.

On the 2014's there are 3-4 different themes you can choose from in the settings.

I've been trying to find how to change the theme in the settings but cant find it. I took the truck to the dealer yesterday and they said they fixed it, got in and it was exactly the same. Showed the guy at the service desk and he said bring it back today and they'll try something else.

Its not like its a big issue or anything, but paying this much for a truck i want it to be the way it should be

Post a picture of your screen so we can see what it looks like

Try going to Settings, Display, Themes. Been a while since I had my 2014.

You should be able to choose from:

Contemporary

Mainstreet

Edge

Velocity

If it's never been updated there are newer versions of the OS for it.

I seen on here once someone who had a GMC and the radio had the Silverado programming on it...

Check and see if that's what happened to you..

Yeah i dont have a display option in the settings on the DIC. The radio is programmed gmc but the DIC is programmed chevy. I havent been able figure out how to post pictures on here.

Take a picture with your camera or phone. Then get the picture onto your computer somehow (email, copy using USB cable...)

Then go to www.imgur.com and upload the picture. Use the BBcode link and cut and paste it into this thread

There was a reflash on the 2014 IO5 radios, maybe whichever dealer did it used the wrong flash? I think it was part of the many recalls that 2014 models went through... have your dealer check your history

Yeah i dont have a display option in the settings on the DIC. The radio is programmed gmc but the DIC is programmed chevy. I havent been able figure out how to post pictures on here.

Since the radio is GMC (which is OK since you have a Sierra) and the DIC is Chevy (NOT OK), this sounds more like the "peek in" update was incorrectly applied. Essentially, this changed the software to make sure the Odometer mileage on the DIC when you open the door ("peek in") matches the mileage presented after the key is inserted. And it changed some other things like our gas mileage calculation. On many occasions, when this was not applied properly, the splash screen logo changed.

The themes was a Silverado only option introduced in 2014 - they were mostly goofy, so they were not well received and removed in later years.

Archived