2016 Sierra Denali on 2" lowering shackles

Vu You

Nice!

When you use lowering shackles and/ or remove the rear blocks, will that mess up the Mag Ride?

They will if you don't adjust the level rod. I had to buy a linkage kit from FTS (full throttle suspension) to fix my ride. It was too stiff. Truck thought it was loaded so the shocks adjusted for weight. Now it's smooth as stock and I don't have that retarded rake on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will if you don't adjust the level rod. I had to buy a linkage kit from FTS (full throttle suspension) to fix my ride. It was too stiff. Truck thought it was loaded so the shocks adjusted for weight. Now it's smooth as stock and I don't have that retarded rake on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you link me to this linkage kit? Thanks!

When you pull the rear blocks can you use the U bolts again? My new truck will be home in about 2 weeks, I want to drop the rear some but am going to skip the rear shackles this time and just remove the rear block to drop it down a inch or so.

When you pull the rear blocks can you use the U bolts again? My new truck will be home in about 2 weeks, I want to drop the rear some but am going to skip the rear shackles this time and just remove the rear block to drop it down a inch or so.

I loosened my u-bolts doing the shackle install and I had the block in my hands and put it back in because i was afraid it was going to be too much :dunno: I reused the U-bolts and plan on checking them and re-torquing this Sunday, which will be a week since the install.

While you can reuse them I prefer to order a set of U-bolts for a '05 GMC 1500 2wd which does not use a block and is threaded correctly, this way there is not a lot of threads sticking down. You are not "supposed" to reuse U-bolts anyways...

While you can reuse them I prefer to order a set of U-bolts for a '05 GMC 1500 2wd which does not use a block and is threaded correctly, this way there is not a lot of threads sticking down. You are not "supposed" to reuse U-bolts anyways...

Thanks I will have my dealer parts guy order me a set. First I have ever head U bolts are 1 time use, they are not a TTY bolt. We have re-used them anytime I have ever worked on a vehicle for that very reason.