Wireless Charging Pad in 2016 Sierrra HD Console TOO SMALL!!

I have both as well, and the ext battery one does not work as well that is why i got this one...

All I can offer is try pulling the rubber mat out and see if either work. You can work the mat out without disassembling the console lid however the proper way is to pull the back off the lid and remove the screws holding the bezel on.

Also make sure NFC is turned on on your phone.

Good Luck

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that does not make sense. i understand what you are offering and why it should work. But I had the previous modem Droid Razr and it worked from the moment i picked up my truck until i got the new phone. So I am thinking it is the product, NOT the phone or equipment...

I see everyone here saying they have a phone that does not work, but like i said it was one of the things i loved about the truck when i got it fresh for the factory floor. The salesman was even surprised so i guess there are a lot of phones that do not work. And he told me it would definitely not work with a case has to be bare phone back.

UPDATE: Yesterday I messed with this a bit and got it to work with my Motorola Moto Z Force. All I did was remove the rubber pad and rotate it 180 degrees. There is a little rubber nub that needs to be removed...no big deal. The only thing I need to do is make sure the phone is postilioned to the back of the pad and the thumb print reader is facing forward. Of course you still can't use a case but I don't anyway. The only other thing I might do is make a spacer to keep the phone from sliding forward off the sweet spot. My phone gained about 10% charge over the course of 2 twenty minute trips with an hour break in between and phone idle. Not super fast but acceptable. One other tip is to make sure NFC is turned on.

UPDATE: Yesterday I messed with this a bit and got it to work with my Motorola Moto Z Force. All I did was remove the rubber pad and rotate it 180 degrees. There is a little rubber nub that needs to be removed...no big deal. The only thing I need to do is make sure the phone is postilioned to the back of the pad and the thumb print reader is facing forward. Of course you still can't use a case but I don't anyway. The only other thing I might do is make a spacer to keep the phone from sliding forward off the sweet spot. My phone gained about 10% charge over the course of 2 twenty minute trips with an hour break in between and phone idle. Not super fast but acceptable. One other tip is to make sure NFC is turned on.

NICE! which battery are you using? The extended battery or the wireless with nylon back?

You know I just though about this. Truck guys love big trucks....

SO WHY THE HE!! did GM thing we would use small cell phones ha ha.. :)

More to the point...people who buy trucks and SUV with all these fancy accessories are probably going to have the lastest and greatest phones. So you would think GM would try and stay ahead of it....clearly they don't.

you are a genius Offcamber, I did exactly that and it works great!. looks like they put the charging pad under the rubber pad too far down is all. they should have centered it better.

Thanks!

Fact of the matter is WHY do you need such a large phone??? The Droid fits perfectly into the space and now charges fine. Those larger screen phones are useless, and awkward to hold. you might as well be holding a tablet or laptop up to your face. :lol:

All i need a phone to make PHONE CALLS...THATS IT :D

Fact of the matter is WHY do you need such a large phone??? The Droid fits perfectly into the space and now charges fine. Those larger screen phones are useless, and awkward to hold. you might as well be holding a tablet or laptop up to your face. :lol:

All i need a phone to make PHONE CALLS...THATS IT :D

If you are in the market for a new phone, good luck with that attitude!

I'd guess there's only maybe 1 new "premium" phone in 2017 that will fit in these trucks.

If GM had made the damn tray 1/4" wider it'd probably fit almost all of them.

If you are in the market for a new phone, good luck with that attitude!

I'd guess there's only maybe 1 new "premium" phone in 2017 that will fit in these trucks.

If GM had made the damn tray 1/4" wider it'd probably fit almost all of them.

I believe a lot of the newer android phones are now being manufactured with different dimensions. taller and narrower. I have the Samsung Note 5, and my phone doesnt fit... I'll be getting the note 8 when it comes out, and i believe its supposed to be a bit narrower. maybe this will solve our issue

Your welo

you are a genius Offcamber, I did exactly that and it works great!. looks like they put the charging pad under the rubber pad too far down is all. they should have centered it better.

Thanks!

You are welcome, I can't take full credit I been doing some research online and have found other people doing it.

:cheers: ... this

Archived