Did I say how much I hate push button ignition?

Spurshot

My wife decided we needed to go to Costco tonight for a couple things for a party tomorrow. We loaded the dogs in her Flex and off we went. I noticed her car was low on gas so asked if she wanted me to fill her car while she was shopping. She did and I let her out in front of the store and drove to the Costco gas station.

You guessed it. She had the key.

I drove to the gas station and filled the car. Then got in and found out I didn't have a key, couldn't even take it out of park and push it. I called my wife's number but she never answered and I finally left the car in the gas station and went into Costco to find her.

Just for you naysayers, the car doesn't make any chime or alarm when the key is removed from the car, but a red outlined box appears on one side of the display. The same block that appears when the door is opened just with different fine print.

I hate push button ignition.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Push button start is a joke. Everything is coming full circle. cars back in the 1950's had push button start, it was pita back then and is today.

Yep. These systems are stupid. People have managed to deal with keys in their current forum since the 40s probably. Don't fix what isn't broken. I don't trust those systems.

I like push button start.

Yeah, I do to. The wife always ride the starter too long with the key start.

...the car doesn't make any chime or alarm when the key is removed from the car, ...

Opposite this point, my Tahoe has 3 very loud irritating chirps with the horn as soon as the fob is removed, door closed, and engine running. I also have a car that beeps in the same scenario. Nothing I had to program, I thought they all did it?

...my Tahoe has 3 very loud irritating chirps with the horn as soon as the fob is removed, door closed, and engine running.

As far as that's concerned, my Tahoe has the same chirps with the horn if the fob is not removed, step out and close the door, and the engine is off.

Archived