Concealed Carry Permit Tests

Illinois ccl holder here, class, range assessment, background check, then you're good to go to protect yourself against the Chicago lowlifes...

The closer you get to the city the more gun free stores you see. I don't give them my business if I have other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun free means absolutely nothing. I carry in "gun free" stores all the time. There is ZERO ability for them to legally do anything to you if you got caught carrying (which you shouldn't be caught anyways). All they can do is ask you to leave. If you rightfully have to drawn down and shoot someone in a gun free area, you're still protected. That's just a stupid policy. I'll still give stores that are gun free my business because they have stuff I want and need. My carrying in there is kinda like an Eff you.

• 2 weeks later...

Being military, all that's required in Florida is paying the $120-ish fee.

Yep. I was getting ready to get mine when I was there, then got my sep date so I didn't follow through.

Gun free means absolutely nothing. I carry in "gun free" stores all the time. There is ZERO ability for them to legally do anything to you if you got caught carrying (which you shouldn't be caught anyways). All they can do is ask you to leave. If you rightfully have to drawn down and shoot someone in a gun free area, you're still protected. That's just a stupid policy. I'll still give stores that are gun free my business because they have stuff I want and need. My carrying in there is kinda like an Eff you.

Only means something in govt buildings and banks. I think if they let us carry in the VA hospitals, I would get better healthcare

Yep. I was getting ready to get mine when I was there, then got my sep date so I didn't follow through.

Only means something in govt buildings and banks. I think if they let us carry in the VA hospitals, I would get better healthcare

You can actually carry in a bank (at least here you can). I'd be afraid to go to the VA if we could carry in there. You know how many of us are angry as it is because we have to be at the VA? Lol.

You can actually carry in a bank (at least here you can). I'd be afraid to go to the VA if we could carry in there. You know how many of us are angry as it is because we have to be at the VA? Lol.

A lot of banks here are starting to implement bullet proof cages at the entrance with metal detectors. You walk in door closed, if nothing is sensed, a clerk hits a button to open the second door.

A lot of banks here are starting to implement bullet proof cages at the entrance with metal detectors. You walk in door closed, if nothing is sensed, a clerk hits a button to open the second door.

When I was in Italy (2008) a lot of the banks were like that PLUS armed guards. It was interesting. If my bank's banking app worked properly I'd never have to go to the stupid bank to begin with.

When I was in Italy (2008) a lot of the banks were like that PLUS armed guards. It was interesting. If my bank's banking app worked properly I'd never have to go to the stupid bank to begin with.

USAA does my personal stuff so I don't use a branch, but my work stuff I do have to use a local branch to deposit cash

You dont need a permit to carry open or concealed any longer here in AZ. Also there is no testing/training requirement to get a CCW. Fingerprints and a money order and you have a carry permit.

However, I do keep mine active and attend a refresher course every few years just to stay on top of any changes to the laws and such, which unfortunately is sometimes dependent on the political climate.

I have never seen a secure lobby Bank myself, pretty sure I will not be going to one either. I do my best not to do business with companies that infringe on my rights.

Edited by AZone
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

In Kentucky we had to sit through a class, watch video's, multiple choice test and than go to the firing range. The sheriff in my small town taught the class. He sent our info to the state, after about a month and half our certificate came in the mail. The sheriff's office has your pictured license card. Take the certificate to them pay a fee and they give you your license.

In my opinion every state should require a class, some people can not safely handle a firearm and therefore need to be shown proper handling. I would hate to hear someone lost there life because someone CCDW didn't handle their weapon properly and kill someone by accident. I love hearing when someone get's their CCDW, we need more good law abiding citizens carrying firearms. Of course if a person does not want to carry a firearm that is your right as a law abiding American citizen.

Daniel

The CCDW in Ky is evidently a different practice? It covers about anything. Like throwing stars, nunchucks, knives.

I like Tn law, the gov said all residents can carry, no permit. But if your want to conceal you must have a permit. He didn't want money keeping people from their rights. I apologize if I got that twisted up but I think that's how I read it.

I like open carry, I rarely do, but I think us conceal carry regulars should try it once in a while.

It's funny how you always meet the most polite people in a gun store.

Illinois ccl holder here, class, range assessment, background check, then you're good to go to protect yourself against the Chicago lowlifes...

The closer you get to the city the more gun free stores you see. I don't give them my business if I have other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent some time researching reciprocal states, wasn't finding good clear answer.

Does Illinois honor Ky permit? Looked like Ky honored Illinois. But the more I looked the more confused I got.

Your information is NOT true, not even close and it is terrible advice to be giving to people that may get them into trouble!

First off, if a business has such a sign posted, that is a warning to anybody who may enter that firearms are not welcome. It is also a warning that should be taken seriously. Carrying a firearm into a business that has such signs weather they carry legal weight in that state or not still need to be followed. Going inside or on the grounds with a firearm, against the owners wishes means you are trespassing. You can be cited for trespassing if caught and actually may have your carry permit suspended for a period of time.

There are also several states where these signs actually do carry legal weight and are the law. Some states have to have specific wording on their signs to make them legal, some do not and actually seem like it's ok for someone other than law enforcement to carry a firearm on their grounds but that's not the case. There are several states that have business signs protected under law and I would suggest doing ones own research and not taking the advice from someone on the internet that thinks it's ok to ignore legal signs.

If anybody has a question about their state, you should be able to go to the Attny. General website for your state and see if those posted signs actually matter. Off the top of my head, I can tell you with 100% certainty that Texas, Ohio, Illinois, North/South Carolina, do support a business with a no gun sign if it meets the requirements set forth by the state. I'm sure there are several more, I just can't list them by memory. Either way, you can be cited if caught carrying a firearm where signs are posted stating they are not welcome.

Your statement about carrying a firearm into a bank is also not necessarily true. There are many municipalities across the country that do not allow a firearm to be carried inside a bank, credit union, or any institution that is FDIC insured, same goes for a post office. People should check their local laws on carrying in their bank as well. Don't listen to someone on the internet who feels they can go wherever they want with their gun, that's not true.