That's a negative not without some serious adaptation. This is an avenue I'm currently looking into though. at least for the two rear cab mounts. When GM had a problem with frame beaming on the HD they released a redesigned cab mount to fix the issue. Because I have the body lift I can fit the GMT900 cab mount which by the way is the same mount still used on the current production HD platform which doesn't vibrate. The major difference is the new shear mounts bolt to the frame with 2 ears that attach to outer isolator, the interior isolator that carries the mount bolt just passes through a hole in the perch and doesn't actually sandwich either side of the perch see the patent link below. My thought without measuring the through hole on the perch is that it is too big and the lower mounting isolator from the GMT 900 will having nothing to seat against see the other link below. But I think there is enough room to fab an adapter plate that can use the 2 existing holes for the shear mount to bolt into place and carry the GMT900 mount. I thought about giving this a try before replacing all the lift pucks with something else. Below are the two links one that shows how the GMT900 mount works and the other is the patent for shear style mount which is what is currently underneath the K2XX 1500's. If you look up part # 25994881 on a gm parts website it shows it as being the current mount used on 2015 2500 and 3500 pickups and being the replacement mount on the GMT900 trucks as well.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/bodymounts.html

http://www.google.com/patents/US7389977

Wow!

Great info from you per usual. Thanks for the links :cheers:

I think we need to put together a "go fund me" account for all you have done and continue to do.

Hey guys,

I posted in the giant thread about my fix but I'm sure it's already gotten lost. I think this is important to at least have floating somewhere for someone to search.

Symptoms: At 60-70mph I was experiencing a severe shake/vibration. I could usually push out of it at 70+ but it was still noticeable. It was like clock work as soon as I hit up around 60mph.

Solution: I got my truck fully inspected before purchase and they noted the vibration. Mechanic showed me a dent in the drive shaft and general wear on the shaft. His recommendation was to replace it. I ordered the part online. The new shaft came fully assembled with new Ujoints and the yoke to slide in. Installation was very easy. I have driven 100 miles since installation and I have ZERO vibration. I hit 60mph and it is very smooth. So the culprit could be the shaft the ujoint or the yoke. Once again this fix worked for me and it may not be the same issue on your truck but I had pretty bad vibrations and they are GONE.

Good luck!!

*NOTE* I have no warranty so that is why I attempted a fix on my own. I'm sure this problem will still crop up as peoples warranty starts to expire.

where did you buy the new shaft thanks

Wow!

Great info from you per usual. Thanks for the links :cheers:

I think we need to put together a "go fund me" account for all you have done and continue to do.

Thanks, Just trying to get this figured out and hopefully find a fix that works for everyone. These trucks are way to expensive to not enjoy driving.

Hey guys,

I posted in the giant thread about my fix but I'm sure it's already gotten lost. I think this is important to at least have floating somewhere for someone to search.

Symptoms: At 60-70mph I was experiencing a severe shake/vibration. I could usually push out of it at 70+ but it was still noticeable. It was like clock work as soon as I hit up around 60mph.

Solution: I got my truck fully inspected before purchase and they noted the vibration. Mechanic showed me a dent in the drive shaft and general wear on the shaft. His recommendation was to replace it. I ordered the part online. The new shaft came fully assembled with new Ujoints and the yoke to slide in. Installation was very easy. I have driven 100 miles since installation and I have ZERO vibration. I hit 60mph and it is very smooth. So the culprit could be the shaft the ujoint or the yoke. Once again this fix worked for me and it may not be the same issue on your truck but I had pretty bad vibrations and they are GONE.

Good luck!!

*NOTE* I have no warranty so that is why I attempted a fix on my own. I'm sure this problem will still crop up as peoples warranty starts to expire.

Out of curiosity, when your mechanic did the shaft work, did you happen to get the tires rotated and or balanced also? That's what cured my vibes that were at 70+ mph... They were extremely bad...

My dealer checked my pinion angle and installed shims between the sprngs and mounting perch raising the pinion. It has fixed my vibration on my 14 GMC I am taking my 15 Silverado in and have the same done to it.

Glad to hear, Let's keep this thread going with "Fixes" for the problem.

Out of curiosity, when your mechanic did the shaft work, did you happen to get the tires rotated and or balanced also? That's what cured my vibes that were at 70+ mph... They were extremely bad...

I did the work myself. I ordered the part from the above link. It literally takes maybe 10 minutes. There are only 2 bolts to take out. Very easy. When I bought my truck I had it inspected first. The mechanic told me at the time my truck alignment was great. He said that he was pretty sure that the vibration was NOT coming from the tires but in his experience it was coming from drive shaft. So I have not had an alignment done on it since he said I didn't need it. I took his word for it and ordered the part and swapped it out and I have not had a single vibration issue since. Going on 600 miles now.

If it's a body mount issue why doesn't EVERY sierra/silverado vibrate then?? That doesn't seem to be the case, seems like there's only handfuls of them out there that do..

My '14 sierra is at the dealer as I'm typing this for high speed vibration.... for the second time. They told me this morning they are currently dealing with 4 trucks with the same issue, including the owner of the dealership's. They said they currently have no fix, but need to see the truck to start a service ticket.

I bought this truck Certified pre-owned in December. What is really irritating me is that the vibration has been so bad, my center console is now loose and squeeks with every small bump. I'm scared to think of the rattles the interior of this truck is going to have when it has around 60k miles on it. I plan on driving this truck for a while, but will there be any equty left in this truck when I go to sell it someday if these issues are widespread and public knowledge??

• Like 1

Great info guys, Abominable, you're awesome as usual! So it appears we can now say that the lawyers I spoke to who said it was the mounts on the vehicle were correct. Good to Know.

If it's a body mount issue why doesn't EVERY sierra/silverado vibrate then?? That doesn't seem to be the case, seems like there's only handfuls of them out there that do..

My '14 sierra is at the dealer as I'm typing this for high speed vibration.... for the second time. They told me this morning they are currently dealing with 4 trucks with the same issue, including the owner of the dealership's. They said they currently have no fix, but need to see the truck to start a service ticket.

I bought this truck Certified pre-owned in December. What is really irritating me is that the vibration has been so bad, my center console is now loose and squeeks with every small bump. I'm scared to think of the rattles the interior of this truck is going to have when it has around 60k miles on it. I plan on driving this truck for a while, but will there be any equty left in this truck when I go to sell it someday if these issues are widespread and public knowledge??

Unfortunately there is no value in the vehicles now my friend

Abominable,

in your opinion, would getting a truck done in a manner that Rocky Ridge does their's fix the issues?

something like this? http://www.rockyridgetrucks.com/#!gmc-alpine/zx5cq

Edited by Jesse D

Great info guys, Abominable, you're awesome as usual! So it appears we can now say that the lawyers I spoke to who said it was the mounts on the vehicle were correct. Good to Know.

Unfortunately there is no value in the vehicles now my friend

Abominable,

in your opinion, would getting a truck done in a manner that Rocky Ridge does their's fix the issues?

something like this? http://www.rockyridgetrucks.com/#!gmc-alpine/zx5cq

There's a possibility it will, but I wouldn't bank on it. if the vibration can be contributed to a third order tire, the 35 inch tires can possibility move the resonance to 83 mph making driving around 75 mph smoother. the increase in sidewall might offer a little better damping as well. looks like an expensive experiment though. There's not a lot of data regarding lifted trucks with 35 inch plus tires and vibration issues, my guess is most people attribute the vibe to mud terrains I they have one since they are the typical tire choice 35 inches or bigger. I'm going to upsize from my 285 65 18 to a 305 65 18 in a few weeks the tire is 1.25 inches bigger and should shift my vibration to about 80 mph. if I could cruise along at 75 without vibrating, I would be content enough.

There's a possibility it will, but I wouldn't bank on it. if the vibration can be contributed to a third order tire, the 35 inch tires can possibility move the resonance to 83 mph making driving around 75 mph smoother. the increase in sidewall might offer a little better damping as well. looks like an expensive experiment though. There's not a lot of data regarding lifted trucks with 35 inch plus tires and vibration issues, my guess is most people attribute the vibe to mud terrains I they have one since they are the typical tire choice 35 inches or bigger. I'm going to upsize from my 285 65 18 to a 305 65 18 in a few weeks the tire is 1.25 inches bigger and should shift my vibration to about 80 mph. if I could cruise along at 75 without vibrating, I would be content enough.

As much as it pains me to say it, I would too.... except I have multiple points of vibration, and that would only move one up to probably in the 60's or so.

I have a vibe in the low 20's, especially when slowing down (I think its tranny related because I also seem to get some hard shifts in that range)

Another in the mid 40's, mid 50's and mid 70's

Also have the radio issue and rough idle (which was fixed, but came back)

My dealer checked my pinion angle and installed shims between the sprngs and mounting perch raising the pinion. It has fixed my vibration on my 14 GMC I am taking my 15 Silverado in and have the same done to it.

Did they install your shims with the thicker part towards the front or rear of the truck? Pics would be awesome if you are able. Thanks!