Interesting! Looks like my fix was #2 on the list!

Once the vibration is found, there are six different separate problem categories it can fall into:

1. 1st Order Tire (Freq 11-14 hz at 60 mph)
  2. 1st Order Prop Shaft (Freq 38-44 hz at 60 mph)
  3. 2nd Order Prop Shaft (Normally a launch shudder or left under hard acceleration)
  4. 3rd Order Tire Combined with 1st Order Prop (Creates a phasing boom)
  5. Vibration Felt in Four-Cylinder Mode (V6 only)
  6. Vibration Felt at Idle

• 3 months later...

My brand new 2015 LT Silverado shaked day 1, took it back for Z71 truck that shakes bit less...they convinced me it was only tires...

Now after 4 complaints (1st day we brought it, 3 others times documented) ...now its 14k miles it shakes still at 75-83 mph (basically around 80mph) with the 3:08 gear, it shakes / vibrates.

The center console and passengers seat shake quite a lot, can't keep loose items in console / coins etc as it clatters noisy.

The other day I put a small load in the bed and drove the same stretch of road and the transfer of the shake seemed a lot worse under the weight.

Please help me...what do I do get a attorney and file Florida lemon law at Chevy / Roger Dean Chevrolet West Palm Beach ?

P.S a employee there said I was not the first to complain about this...NICE!...also on TV I recorded a skit on the problem too...

Do I go to corporate first?...whats the best way to address this as the dealer says its tires, balances them and returns it to me with lowish range tire pressure to mask the problem. They even tried to pull it was my fault as i scuffed the white lettering on the tires parking to a kerb.

Roger Dean Chevrolet West Palm Beach, you know who I am...

Edited by 2015ChevySilverado

• 2 months later...

Had a youtube reply to the above video that a chevy owner had the torque converter replaced and it fixed the chevy shake. Have any others had this done?....C'mon Roger Dean/Chevy/GM its time to 'Man Up' and do us right!...instead of kicking the can down the road till our warranty expires!

---------------------------

photo.jpg

Check out PIP5337D, My 2015 Yukon Denali is doing the same thing. I'm taking it in for service tomorrow. I think this is what it is going to end up being
photo.jpg
did it help?

photo.jpg

So I took mine in on Wednesday- and after they drove it about 5 minutes, they came back and told me they were replacing the torque converter, which is what PIP5337D addresses. (mine is still under warranty)

photo.jpg

It's called AMERICAN JUNK.
photo.jpg
like the Tacoma that had the low speed shakes but lasted forever like this chevy will. tacoma 12-15 research it.

photo.jpg

Yes! It corrected the problem in my 2015 Yukon Denali

photo.jpg

I just purchase a 2016 5.3L Silverado and it shakes at 68MPH to 85MPH. I am having the same Issue with this truck. How did you fix the issue with your truck?
Edited by 2015ChevySilverado

*UPDATE*

Replaced my shaft as outlined in original post and 6 months later I have not had a single issue related to vibrations. I would highly suggest some people attempt this fix. If it doesn't work you might be out a couple hundred bucks but it would be worth the risk in my opinion. The original shake was so annoying I would have attempted anything!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my driveshaft trued this monday and it was out .065 of an inch a tad over (1/16th) and it's 100% spot on with no shake at all at any speed up to 140. Only cost me $86.00 so apparently the supplier of the drive shafts AAM has very loose tolerance or runout issues.

RT

Edited by 07Softail

I had my driveshaft trued this monday and it was out .065 of an inch a tad over (1/16th) and it's 100% spot on with no shake at all at any speed up to 140. Only cost me $86.00 so apparently the supplier of the drive shafts AAM has very loose tolerance or runout issues.

RT

Does it shake at 141 mph?

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased a 2016 GMC SIERRA 2 wheel drive SLT pickup with the Crew Cab and the 6 1/2 foot bed. It test drove good around town but after purchasing it and getting it on the highway, I noticed a substantial vibration between 70 & 80 mph. Took it back to the dealer on Monday October 31, 2016 to have the bed liner sprayed in. Mentioned to them the vibration problem. The sales rep. had one of their techs test drive it and he agreed the vibration was substantial. They balanced the right rear tire and said it appeared to be better. They also mentioned that this is a truck and I should expect some vibration! When I test drove it, it didnt really feel any better. I plan to take it out on a smooth section of highway in the morning to see how it rides.

One thing I thought I noticed was that at 75mph on smooth flat surface my truck was vibrating substantially but I sensed when I started going up hill, it seemed like the vibration began to subside. I tried to repeat this but it did no seem to subside when going uphill.

Has anyone checked the pinion to transmission angles? I checked mine using the Tremec transmission smart phone app. It indicated my angles were all good.

Has anyone compared the pinion to transmission angles of the trucks shaking versus trucks that dont shake?

Has anyone placed a load in the bed to see if it makes any difference in the vibration?

I've spoken to three others that own similar trucks and they don't have the vibration problem. I did find that one of my friends that lives 400 miles from me, had purchased a GMC pu almost identical to mine and went threw all kinds of difficulty working with the dealer because his was experiencing similar vibration; balanced tires, replaced tires, etc and never solved the problem. He sold the truck and purchased a Tundra. GM has lost that customer for good!

I wish us all well with coming up with a resolution.

Hey Bu

I just purchased a 2016 GMC SIERRA 2 wheel drive SLT pickup with the Crew Cab and the 6 1/2 foot bed. It test drove good around town but after purchasing it and getting it on the highway, I noticed a substantial vibration between 70 & 80 mph. Took it back to the dealer on Monday October 31, 2016 to have the bed liner sprayed in. Mentioned to them the vibration problem. The sales rep. had one of their techs test drive it and he agreed the vibration was substantial. They balanced the right rear tire and said it appeared to be better. They also mentioned that this is a truck and I should expect some vibration! When I test drove it, it didnt really feel any better. I plan to take it out on a smooth section of highway in the morning to see how it rides.
One thing I thought I noticed was that at 75mph on smooth flat surface my truck was vibrating substantially but I sensed when I started going up hill, it seemed like the vibration began to subside. I tried to repeat this but it did no seem to subside when going uphill.

Has anyone checked the pinion to transmission angles? I checked mine using the Tremec transmission smart phone app. It indicated my angles were all good.

Has anyone compared the pinion to transmission angles of the trucks shaking versus trucks that dont shake?

Has anyone placed a load in the bed to see if it makes any difference in the vibration?

I've spoken to three others that own similar trucks and they don't have the vibration problem. I did find that one of my friends that lives 400 miles from me, had purchased a GMC pu almost identical to mine and went threw all kinds of difficulty working with the dealer because his was experiencing similar vibration; balanced tires, replaced tires, etc and never solved the problem. He sold the truck and purchased a Tundra. GM has lost that customer for good!

I wish us all well with coming up with a resolution.

Hey Bullfrog,

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest posting this in the original "Shake or Vibration Issue" thread. I will put the link in case you haven't seen it yet. I only made this thread so my "Fix" and other fixes would not get lost in the giant thread. I'm almost certain that someone has looked at what you are inquiring about. Just a suggestion to get more eyes on it, good luck!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/

You can always take your driveshaft off and ask them to spin it and check it at a machine/truck shop. Probably would only cost you an hour of labour to have it trued and balanced, 50-100$ depending on your country is worth your sanity over the life of the truck.

• Like 1