I drive a 2016 Silverado LTZ 4wd

I recently fixed my vibration issue, I found it was a faulty Torque Converter... It shuttered and shook at different speeds but not constant. GM warranty replaced TC and balanced tires and all Vibration was gone... I now love my LTZ....

PLEASE for those feeling my frustration check this out. I was about to use the OHIO lemon law to dump this truck but now all is right in the world again. If you need to PM me and I will scan and send the GM repair order.

Also IF your a internet surfer please spread this word as I am not going to, but felt it my responsibility as a Chevy Truck guy to post this.

Best DS

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I recently fixed my vibration issue, I found it was a faulty Torque Converter... It shuttered and shook at different speeds but not constant. GM warranty replaced TC and balanced tires and all Vibration was gone... I now love my LTZ....

PLEASE for those feeling my frustration check this out. I was about to use the OHIO lemon law to dump this truck but now all is right in the world again. If you need to PM me and I will scan and send the GM repair order.

Also IF your a internet surfer please spread this word as I am not going to, but felt it my responsibility as a Chevy Truck guy to post this.

Best DS

Thank you for your input! I have the same problem as you and it is inconsistent at certain speeds over 70. Sometimes its there an sometimes its not or its more or less. I have efi live tuning and i had the problem before i did any tuning. I got my tune and flashed it and the problem seemed to have gotten worse which was puzzling to me. After 5000 miles or so it went back down to a minimal vibration. I updated the tune i had on the truck to a less sensitive throttle response. As soon as i hit 70 after the flash the vibration was horrible! So Im at a point where i don't only believe the torque converter is at fault but I believe it is something in the way it locks up at certain speeds.

Best DS

Also might i ask if you have the 6 speed or the 8 speed transmission?

It is an 8 speed transmission... And 3000 miles since the TQ was replaced and not a single problem.

Sorry for the lack of reply but been out of town. There really is no sense posting the work order as all it does is prove I'm serious.

I am very happy with my truck now and was ready to trade it in.

Best to all...

• 2 weeks later...

New Member here. Found the site when I was researching the Chevy Shake. I purchased a used 2015 Silverado just before the end of the year. Beautiful truck....I've waited so long to get.

The first week I owned it I was in town all week....never going over 50mph.

Since then I have started back traveling for work and I am shaking all over on any speeds above 65.

The console vibrates and its unbearable. I have 34k miles so I am still under the factory warranty. I also purchased the extended warranty to 90k miles.

I am seeing drive shaft and torque convertor as the most common fixes. Would you just ask the dealership to test drive and try those fixes? Sounds like that might be met with resistance.

Thanks for any advice

New Member here. Found the site when I was researching the Chevy Shake. I purchased a used 2015 Silverado just before the end of the year. Beautiful truck....I've waited so long to get.

Since then I have started back traveling for work and I am shaking all over on any speeds above 65.

The console vibrates and its unbearable. I have 34k miles so I am still under the factory warranty. I also purchased the extended warranty to 90k miles.

I am seeing drive shaft and torque convertor as the most common fixes. Would you just ask the dealership to test drive and try those fixes? Sounds like that might be met with resistance.

Thanks for any advice

Good luck, 706 pages of vibration issues http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/

Thanks for any advice

I would definitely post on that thread linked above. This thread was made to discuss fixes that worked. The journey to finding your fix would be the other thread. If you're under warranty though I would absolutely go into the dealership as this is a known issue. Good luck!!

• 7 months later...

I have had my 2017 for almost a year now. It has very recently starting vibrating very badly at speed between 30-80mph. It feels like driving over a cobblestone road, but intermittently. Because I have added several mods I went to a friendly shop that gave me a free evaluation. They concluded it was definitely not wheel/tire balance issue and most likely a drive train problem. As such they advised I take it into the dealership for warranty.

Truck: 2017, crew cab, Z71, 4X4, 6.2L and 8spd

Mods: CAI, RC 2" leveling kit (front & rear) and 20" wheels w/Toyo ATII 295/55 tires.

I have serious concerns they are just going to side step the real issue and blame the non-factory tires.

looking at the P/N the OP used that does not seem to be compatible with my truck based on a quick search of online GM parts whole-sellers. I will need to research what P/N is for me.

Any recommendations on how to find a shop that knows how to properly check for drive shaft balance and true-ness? If dealer is a bust i may go that route

• 2 weeks later...

I heard back from the service manager and they agreed there is a driveline problem. They claim to have encountered this before and resolved it with a torque converter fluid flush.

I believe others have had this done, but i haven't heard of anyone saying it worked. I will report back.

• 3 weeks later...

It took three weeks and one day to get my truck back. The work only took a few days buy my dealer's service dept. is just all jammed up.

here is what they claim to have done:

"Found vehicle to have a TCC shudder present as described in bulletin #16-NA-175. Performed pan filter replacement and triple flush as per bulletin. Programmed TCM w/newest calibrations. Performed trans adapt relearn procedure and road test to learn all shifts and verify repairs. Prog code: 18D6C"

after getting the truck back the vibration was gone. so for now I consider it fixed. Hopefully it does not come back.

Edited by 91firehawk

• 5 months later...

I bought a 2015 Silverado 1500 LS Custom Double Cab in February that had a nasty shake starting around 75MPH. I had the tires balanced but it didn't help. I went to the dealer since it had CPO warranty and they wanted to try a road force balance. When I picked it up the advisor said they got the balance better but the tires just wouldn't balance properly and they recommended new tires. 

The tires were the OEM Goodyear Wranglers. Even after the road force I still had a shake though it wasn't as bad. I ended up getting new tires Firestone Destination LE2, and the shake seems to be gone. 

• 8 months later...