Hybrid Tahoe mpg

Just wondering what kind of mpg everybody is getting with their Hybrid Tahoe. I've been thinking about going with something smaller for better mpgs but I also need three rows. I was thinking if I go with a the hybrid Hoe it would be a good compromise. I get 13.2 or so with my Yukon XL Denali 6.0 AWD. Is it worth it? How reliable are the hybrids? Any issues? I would buy used of course.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Getting approx. 20mpg at 75-76 mph, drops to 18 mpg at 80 mph. Can get 22 mpg at 70mph when traffic is light and can travel 80-100 miles without hitting brakes. To get the best mileage I’ll avoid the jackrabbit starts and try to avoid braking or any drastic speed changes. At 4 am it’s possible to drive smoothly before traffic gets heavy.  Have a commute of 100-110 miles every 3rd day. Wonder what it would be if I could drive 55? Traffic is usually light but moving in groups at 75- 80.  Have got over 210,000 miles  on a 2010 Tahoe Hybrid 4x4 and have had 3 Tahoe’s and K-5 Blazers with up to 290,000 miles and they’re still running strong on original engines.  Recommend the Hy-Hoe  wholeheartedly and will replace it with another if I can find one in good shape when it’s time! Bought this one with 120,000 highway miles on it in 3 years. It was about 1/3 the price of new and in almost mint condition.

Archived