2.5" front and 2" rear level kit?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't believe this is a 3" rear block....looks like the 2". I was gonna get the Motofab 2.5" front, 2" rear kit

It's a bit deceiving, cause there is about 2" of rake. But I tow and don't want it nose high. Prefer this look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any vibtation issues with the added blocks ? Ive read a bunch of negative posts on them .I rwally dont care for the lack of rake after adding the front 2" RC level to mine . Been contemplating adding some blocks to the rear but dont want to end up with vibration problems.

Has anyone had any vibtation issues with the added blocks ? Ive read a bunch of negative posts on them .I rwally dont care for the lack of rake after adding the front 2" RC level to mine . Been contemplating adding some blocks to the rear but dont want to end up with vibration problems.

post-173446-0-94727900-1496663808_thumb.jpg

No problems with 2" blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To the people that have done the 3" rear block, are you using shock extenders?

Back story: I totalled my 09 Ext Cab Std Box a month ago (basically got PIT by a box truck that came into my lane) and bought a brand new 2018 Crew Cab Std Box a couple weeks ago.  The 09 had the 2.5" RC lift kit except I only installed the 2" bottom front strut spacer and not the .5" top spacer.  I was running 20x10 -19 with 285/55s.  I had to do some cutting and still rubbed a little at full turn.  To alleviate some of the rub, I was going to add the .5" top spacer and bought a 3" rear block (with shock extenders) to keep some rake (my research showed more than 1" rear lift required shock extenders on the GMT-900s) but never ended up doing the install.

It looks like the 3" block I have will work with the GMT-K2xx trucks, so I'll just buy a 2.5" leveling kit.  If I need extenders, does anyone know if the ones for the GMT-900s work on the new trucks as well?

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2018 at 10:14 AM, shrapnel said:

To the people that have done the 3" rear block, are you using shock extenders?

Back story: I totalled my 09 Ext Cab Std Box a month ago (basically got PIT by a box truck that came into my lane) and bought a brand new 2018 Crew Cab Std Box a couple weeks ago.  The 09 had the 2.5" RC lift kit except I only installed the 2" bottom front strut spacer and not the .5" top spacer.  I was running 20x10 -19 with 285/55s.  I had to do some cutting and still rubbed a little at full turn.  To alleviate some of the rub, I was going to add the .5" top spacer and bought a 3" rear block (with shock extenders) to keep some rake (my research showed more than 1" rear lift required shock extenders on the GMT-900s) but never ended up doing the install.

It looks like the 3" block I have will work with the GMT-K2xx trucks, so I'll just buy a 2.5" leveling kit.  If I need extenders, does anyone know if the ones for the GMT-900s work on the new trucks as well?

Did you get this completed yet?  Pics please?!?!

On 4/16/2018 at 5:28 PM, Ron505 said:

Did you get this completed yet?  Pics please?!?!

I have not done this yet.  Haven't had the time (I am an accountant, tax season just ended yesterday).

I have looked into this further and the .5" top spacer I have won't work on my new truck.  The new truck has the stamped steel control arms.  The spacer I have can only be used on the trucks with cast control arms.  I will probably call Rough Country to get more info and see if I can swap the un-used spacers I have for the spacers I would need for the stamped steel CAs.  If they won't do that, I will look into other options.

The truck is still 100% stock.  In the meantime, I am going to start working on other things.  I have it scheduled to be dyno'd this weekend to get a baseline.  I have a CAI that has been waiting a couple months for the baseline dyno to be done before being put on.  Want to get exhaust and tune done too and somewhere among all that I want to do tint, tonneau cover and sidesteps.

Archived