Chevy, Ford, Ram, Toyota?

Sportznut

Oh man! Threads like this are ridiculous! I thought this is a GMC/ Chevy forum. Some of you are really hating them. You should sell your GM product, buy a whatever you like and spoil their forums!

It's called constructive criticism.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford seems to do payload very well for trucks. One thing that's kept my eye on them for my next rig.

My next truck will be either an aluminum body F-150 or a Colorado. Depends on how good of shape my current truck is still in at the time. If it's still a good truck for me, then I'm going with a mid size.

I'd be curious how you like it. It's the only one I haven't gotten to snag as a rental.

I put 100 miles on it on my "test drive" looking for reasons not to buy, but I really like the Tundra Platinum. It has all of the options that I used in my LTZ (does not have Lane Warning or Collision Avoidance but I never used them anyway) and they work. The Platinum has a very nicely appointed interior, heated and cooled seats (that DO NOT vent to the rear seat back), HVAC vents in the back, large rear doors, no AFM, great throttle response, more responsive brakes, no driver door air noise (LTZ had a lot of wind noise at highway speed), no vibration / very smooth ride, nice Bridgestone Dueler stock tires, a very quick JBL entertainment system with lots of nice features and FM HD does not fade. While they do not offer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, they do tie nicely into the iPhone for what I do with all of my contacts loading seamlessly over Bluetooth. Anyway, it might not have the latest tech, but the tech it does have has worked so far. I can actually reach the oil dip stick without a step stool and the battery is in the front with simple connections (no big terminal block that has to be attached). What else can I say...

I am very pleased with it!

I put 100 miles on it on my "test drive" looking for reasons not to buy, but I really like the Tundra Platinum. It has all of the options that I used in my LTZ (does not have Lane Warning or Collision Avoidance but I never used them anyway) and they work. The Platinum has a very nicely appointed interior, heated and cooled seats (that DO NOT vent to the rear seat back), HVAC vents in the back, large rear doors, no AFM, great throttle response, more responsive brakes, no driver door air noise (LTZ had a lot of wind noise at highway speed), no vibration / very smooth ride, nice Bridgestone Dueler stock tires, a very quick JBL entertainment system with lots of nice features and FM HD does not fade. While they do not offer Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, they do tie nicely into the iPhone for what I do with all of my contacts loading seamlessly over Bluetooth. Anyway, it might not have the latest tech, but the tech it does have has worked so far. I can actually reach the oil dip stick without a step stool and the battery is in the front with simple connections (no big terminal block that has to be attached). What else can I say...

I am very pleased with it!

Interesting. I had a 4Runner two weeks back as a rental and was quite impressed with the infotainment system except for the navigation. It picked poor routes and I didn't care for how it displayed directions. There may have been settings for it but I really only used it a couple times the whole week.

The Tundra is a very nice truck. Can't say I'm overly impressed with the latest update, but Toyota knows how to build stuff that lasts which is why they're not redesigning their stuff ever 4-5 years. Had Toyota done something to make the mpgs more competitive with the current offerings from The Big-3 id probably be driving a Tundra too.

Archived