Chevy, Ford, Ram, Toyota?

Sportznut

This is actually my truck. A tire didn't cause this. My truck was actually hit by a ram that was doing 45mph, didn't see my truck parked on the road and swerved at the last minute and clipped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you were in some kind of accident. It was just interesting to me how the steel tore somewhat like the aluminum on the F-150. Not as bad as the F-150, but still enough where either truck would need a lot of body work or a whole new panel.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you were in some kind of accident. It was just interesting to me how the steel tore somewhat like the aluminum on the F-150. Not as bad as the F-150, but still enough where either truck would need a lot of body work or a whole new panel.

I just think it's how the vehicles are designed today, to be crushed and absorb the impact instead of staying rigid

I just think it's how the vehicles are designed today, to be crushed and absorb the impact instead of staying rigid

Yea, helps keep the people inside from absorbing the impact energy.

Aluminum for all is coming. Should help with the body rust. It's going to be more to fix for sure. Long term hopefully it pays off. Not much survives in any accident now. So many regulations, fuel economy, crash test ratings, etc... You can't make them like you used to. I think saving a life is better than saving a fender or bedside anyway. We can all lament on the appearance after a crash, but as long as everyone survives I would venture to guess we're all happy.

Aluminum for all is coming. Should help with the body rust. It's going to be more to fix for sure. Long term hopefully it pays off. Not much survives in any accident now. So many regulations, fuel economy, crash test ratings, etc... You can't make them like you used to. I think saving a life is better than saving a fender or bedside anyway. We can all lament on the appearance after a crash, but as long as everyone survives I would venture to guess we're all happy.

Either way with severe damage the whole panel would need replaced anyway whether it's steel or aluminum. As thin as the steel is now on bodies they might as well use aluminum anyway.

• 9 months later...

Well I ended up keeping my 2014 Ram and glad I did so far.

I now have 40,000 miles. No issues (knocking on wood).

When I replaced the junk OEM tires with Michelin LTX at 39,000 it was like night and day. Much smoother. It does quite well in the snow too.

I think all the major brands of trucks have their advantages without any clear cut winner.

I just wish I had bought the next trim level up so I had leather seats and better headlights.

Still amazed on how little maintenance is required and the great mpg. Seems like many people get confused about the 8 speed tranny. The 8 speed is fantastic. Very smooth and seamless. I love it.

It is Ram's 6 speed that seems to be problematic for many.

If this goes 100-120k without issues I will trade it in on a new one, buy the lifetime warranty and consider it the last vehicle I will buy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't buy a lifetime warranty from a company that continues on shaky ground and may not be around a lifetime. I like their trucks, but that's really the only good revenue producer they have right now aside from Jeep. Wait.. it has been that way since the 80s.. hasn't it.

Archived