New OPT7 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs

Just replaced the rest of my lights with LED :) Bought them off amazon and they match perfectly! Just used a 194 in all 3 reverse lights and the 3rd brake light plus license plate lights. What do you think? I shouldn’t run into any issues using those right? The tail lights don’t look the same color but they are :)

622b975bc51b6987cb8e9a5553d3b2f3.jpg

1bf67135f609ce4ad708252c5bf3374f.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations on taking the third brake light off just for maintenance? Maybe upgrade the bulbs too. I am afraid I am going to break it taking it off.

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any recommendations on taking the third brake light off just for maintenance? Maybe upgrade the bulbs too. I am afraid I am going to break it taking it off.

It’s very easy. I took mine off and replaced all three bulbs with these LED in less than 10 minutes

It’s very easy. I took mine off and replaced all three bulbs with these LED in less than 10 minutes

i understand but after you get the 2 screws out what is your first move? I seen on a YouTube video the guy hitting the top of his light at a down outward angle(if that makes sense). I'm just afraid to snap anything off trying to get the light off the cab.

i understand but after you get the 2 screws out what is your first move? I seen on a YouTube video the guy hitting the top of his light at a down outward angle(if that makes sense). I'm just afraid to snap anything off trying to get the light off the cab.

Definitely don’t do that. Either use a plastic spudger from the bottom, or I just slid my key under there and moved it up gently. It came up very easy and didn’t scratch a thing.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bringing up old thread but how the hell are you guys getting dust caps back on? I ordered one set and couldn’t get caps to turn and lock. Returned, ordered the OPT7 kit.....same thing, can’t get cap to turn and lock. What gives?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for bringing up old thread but how the hell are you guys getting dust caps back on? I ordered one set and couldn’t get caps to turn and lock. Returned, ordered the OPT7 kit.....same thing, can’t get cap to turn and lock. What gives?

It’s TOUGH not going to lie. I packaged my light, cords, and the tiny block all in there and had one cord hanging out. Start with the pressure on the cord, line it all up perfect before you insert the cap, it takes some time to get it right and a little pressure.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok I don’t know if OPT7 changed the bulbs but these did not fit. No way the cap was going back on. I also have a 15 LTZ with the projectors. Wasn’t happening. 

It’s pretty tough to get them in. That’s the hardest part is getting the dust cap back on

I just installed these headlights and really like the output.  However, I think I will have to remove the headlight pods in order to get the dust caps back on.  I don't want to accidentally break anything by adding to much "pressure".  I also installed the bulbs for the fog lamps, just to match the color/output for the headlights and really like the outcome.  I'm thinking of going ahead and ordering the high beam bulbs just so that they all match the color output.

7 hours ago, TheImpalaMan said:

I just installed these headlights and really like the output.  However, I think I will have to remove the headlight pods in order to get the dust caps back on.  I don't want to accidentally break anything by adding to much "pressure".  I also installed the bulbs for the fog lamps, just to match the color/output for the headlights and really like the outcome.  I'm thinking of going ahead and ordering the high beam bulbs just so that they all match the color output.

Did you order the kit with or without the capacitors?