Custom Bumper Fabricator in Louisiana

Hope this is in the right area, but I am ready to get some custom off-road bumpers for my truck. Ive looked at quite a few bumpers on the market and no matter which one it is, I'll like it, then a few days later, come to some conclusion on why I just can't justify purchasing it for my truck, whether it hang too low or not do what I need to be able to.

So Ive decided to turn to just working with a fabricator, (preferably in southern LA but if I have to I'll go elsewhere).

I have an idea of what I want, general design, and what it needs to be able to do. But lack the skills to be able to make it myself.

If anyone in LA knows anyone, whether its a shop that specializes in it or just a friend of yours who feels confident enough in his skills to build a heavy duty off-road bumper that can hold a winch, get pulled on, and do all the things that an off-road bumper should be able to do, please let me know about them!

Thanks in advance

- Mike

Have you looked at LOD bumpers? A co-worker recently installed one on his Ford F350 after hitting a deer. It is one solid bumper and does not flex on the corners like a few others.

I have not, but I just looked them up and they are only made for the 2500s anyway :/

Ive looked at probably between 10-15 bumper companies (anyone I could find who makes offroad bumpers) but they all either say that you can't use the shackle points upfront as tow hooks or the bumpers won't fit a winch or they are just too obnoxiously large.

I love the look of the LOD bumpers too; I emailed them last October about when they were going to make bumpers for the 1500s, and they said first part of 2016. Just emailed them again to see where they are on these....

Bob

Archived