Ordered hydroboost brake pads by mistake, any different from vacuum bo

I ordered brake pads online and mistakenly purchased pads marked for hydro boost system. I was wondering if what the difference may be and should i return them. Can't seem to find any info anywhere about this. I am hoping to be able to use them because I used discount code when I ordered and I am afraid I will loose discount if returned for exchange.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Early 2000's 2500 vs 2500 HD trucks may have different pads up front as the 2500 was a complete 1/2 ton front end, the HD may have bigger pads in those years, I am not sure, but I do know I would never order brake pads online. and I would always get a "Gold" or MAX ceramic" type pad, no blends or metal BS that grinds up the rotors.

Thanks for the reply. I am new to posting on forums and mistakenly posted this in 2500 forums. The truck ia an 2008 1500 WT. I ordered the pads from a big name part store and picked them up in store because of discount I had. After I picked them up and was later looking at my invoice I noticed the description for the pads said for vehicles with hydro boost. My truck has vacuum booster. Would just take them back for exchange but stores help section says they do not allow exchanges for online orders that you have to return and reorder, in which case I would loose the discount code I used. Thought someone on here might know what if any difference there is in these pads. They do have a separate part number for the vacuum booster pads.

I would say youll have to send them back or sell to someone with a 2500HD. The '08 half ton has different pads than the '08 2500HD. The 3500, and 2500HD had the hydroboost brakes and more stopping power, due to higher load capacity. Sell them on Craigs list locally, put "2008 2500HD parts" and then show what ya have in the description. better to sell for a small loss, than eat it all. You have the wrong pads. autozone has the ones you want in Cmax Gold for around 54 bucks and they dont ruin the rotors, or dirty the wheels..Good luck!

Archived