Any ideas on 2017 1500 Z-71's?

Any ideas on the 2017 1500 Z-71's? when will the specs be leaked out? Are they going to stick with the monochromatic front ends and rear bumpers? I realize some buyers like this, but I hate it. I wish they would offer the monochromatic look as a separate appearance package, that way I can get a Z-71 crew cab with Chrome Grill and Bumpers like a real truck should look.

Besides what you get with the appearance what do you really get with a Z71? Just buy an LT or LTZ and swap out the shocks, buy some stickers and plastic splash guards and you're all set.

I have an LT and would love to find someone with a Z71 to swap out the color matched stuff for my chrome stuff, too much chrome on the front of these rigs

Besides what you get with the appearance what do you really get with a Z71? Just buy an LT or LTZ and swap out the shocks, buy some stickers and plastic splash guards and you're all set.

I have an LT and would love to find someone with a Z71 to swap out the color matched stuff for my chrome stuff, too much chrome on the front of these rigs

And then it will look just like a Z71 and you can take it off road and trash the transfer case and tranny and blow out the rear end.

Changes go deeper than the cosmetic Z71's custom dash cluster, door plates, sill plates, emblems, decals and color coded grill and headlight assemblies, and stickers like:

All Terrain Bridgestone tires on 18" machined aluminum wheels, recovery hooks, LED fog lamps, HD locking differential, hill decent control, trailering package, underbody tranny and transfer case shields, off road suspension with twin Rancho monotube shocks and chrome lower bumper shield.

You can paint stripes on a horse, but that doesn't make it a zebra!

And then it will look just like a Z71 and you can take it off road and trash the transfer case and tranny and blow out the rear end.

Changes go deeper than the cosmetic Z71's custom dash cluster, door plates, sill plates, emblems, decals and color coded grill and headlight assemblies, and stickers like:

All Terrain Bridgestone tires on 18" machined aluminum wheels, recovery hooks, LED fog lamps, HD locking differential, hill decent control, trailering package, underbody tranny and transfer case shields, off road suspension with twin Rancho monotube shocks and chrome lower bumper shield.

You can paint stripes on a horse, but that doesn't make it a zebra!

I put AT tires on my truck so check that box, I have 18" aluminum rims (rims are rims when they are OEM), I have recovery hooks, LED fog lamps, HD locking diff, hill decent control, trailer package, I don't have the plastic splash guards but, I'm sure I could add em, yeah they're are some special shocks but, like I said easy to add and the chrome shield is just cosmetic, right?

I put AT tires on my truck so check that box, I have 18" aluminum rims (rims are rims when they are OEM), I have recovery hooks, LED fog lamps, HD locking diff, hill decent control, trailer package, I don't have the plastic splash guards but, I'm sure I could add em, yeah they're are some special shocks but, like I said easy to add and the chrome shield is just cosmetic, right?

Right, it's same as a Z71.

I notice that no one has brought up the question of a Diesel option for the next model 2017 Silverado 1500 . I would like for GM to bring out the diesel whether it be the 4.5 V8 or a inline 6 cylinder diesel, derived from the 2.8 Colorado diesel by adding two more cylinders, If they don't ,they will be behind the Ford . Ford is running around testing a diesel ,as wright this information , Trucktrend.com had an article on the diesel F 150 and so did others Autoweek.com .

I hope a half ton diesel is in the works.

RAM has the EcoDiesel and soon Ford will have one. Nissan has the 5/8 ton cummins. I keep hearing Toyota Tundra diesel rumors.

GM NEEDS A HALF TON DURAMAX!

Right, it's same as a Z71.

that used to be such a sick hoax.

the diff cover overheated the front diff, the back diff wanted to kill you.

first things swapped out:

everything that made it a z71. :)

..then to find a half ton manual v8 with more guts than any z71.. just to hold the torque of the manual. All factory.

I'd go for the new real thing only verifying the better slip disc version of eaton...else to heck with it.

I notice that no one has brought up the question of a Diesel option for the next model 2017 Silverado 1500 . I would like for GM to bring out the diesel whether it be the 4.5 V8 or a inline 6 cylinder diesel, derived from the 2.8 Colorado diesel by adding two more cylinders, If they don't ,they will be behind the Ford . Ford is running around testing a diesel ,as wright this information , Trucktrend.com had an article on the diesel F 150 and so did others Autoweek.com .

No one brought it up because the 2017 truck specs are out. There is no diesel option for 2017 1500 trucks.

No one brought it up because the 2017 truck specs are out. There is no diesel option for 2017 1500 trucks.

Maybe in the last part of the year 2017 as a 2018 model .

Maybe in the last part of the year 2017 as a 2018 model .

Maybe 2019 when the new design comes to market?

But honestly, with the emissions crap & the added price on the msrp, not sure it would sell all that well.

Sure everyone would like to see it brought out & stomp the competition in some way. But would those

same people pony up the dollars? The Colorado version is a $3800 option *I think*. Tough to justify the cost.

Archived