Vibration made it to AutoGuide.com

GM response, not a safety problem, no recall - yeah but your product has a serious defect. it vibrates and shakes. For them to say that it is not safety related by default tells me they know the root cause. If the vibration was due to ball joints / tie rods / hubs and studs, those are safety related. They know, they won't tell, they won't fix ... someone has done the risk / profit / fix calucation and the customer has come up a loser. All we need is Goodyear, Firestone, Michelin, and Firestone to give GM the middle finger and say "Our tires are fine, fix your truck". Think how much money those poor suckers are losing with multiple tire swaps back and forth. There has to be some negative publicity that GM dealers are pushing to the tire dealers... "oh no, the tire has a road force number of 30, it sucks, these (name manufacturer) tires suck"... Road Force of 30 works on every other vehicle just not a 2014 Silverado

• 1 month later...

Keeps getting better on this topic. They should at least tell people WTF is causing it so we can fix it on our own without having to become a science project. Or it's an issue that has no fix.... Frame design. can't do much for that kiddo. Great truck but it shakes.. SMH. FYI. My vibration came up around 30k.

Edited by FL335i

Keeps getting better on this topic. They should at least tell people WTF is causing it so we can fix it on our own without having to become a science project. Or it's an issue that has no fix.... Frame design. can't do much for that kiddo. Great truck but it shakes.. SMH. FYI. My vibration came up around 30k.

I seriously doubt its the frame, its the same frame from 2007.5 to current, you guys need to look at the variables I bet its more related to V4 mode, so far I have not noticed anything but I am rarely in v4 mode anyways, which is actually kind of hard at times.

Edited by camcamaro1991

GM response, not a safety problem, no recall - yeah but your product has a serious defect. it vibrates and shakes. For them to say that it is not safety related by default tells me they know the root cause. If the vibration was due to ball joints / tie rods / hubs and studs, those are safety related. They know, they won't tell, they won't fix ... someone has done the risk / profit / fix calucation and the customer has come up a loser. All we need is Goodyear, Firestone, Michelin, and Firestone to give GM the middle finger and say "Our tires are fine, fix your truck". Think how much money those poor suckers are losing with multiple tire swaps back and forth. There has to be some negative publicity that GM dealers are pushing to the tire dealers... "oh no, the tire has a road force number of 30, it sucks, these (name manufacturer) tires suck"... Road Force of 30 works on every other vehicle just not a 2014 Silverado

Serious defect? It is in a small number of actual vehicles. Even in the article is says there are on 31 complaints of vibration. If it was the serious epidemic that some people want you to think there would be a ton more complaints on the NHTSA if that was the case. It is far from serious.

STOP YELLING AND TAKE OFF THE UNDERLINE ALREADY, IT DOESN'T GET YOUR POINT ACROSS ANY MORE...

Tyler

• Like 2

Seems the 2016s use a different number leaf spring than the earlier 14/15s......could have been done to address the vibration issue.......no vibration issues in my '16. Youtube post on this

Seems the 2016s use a different number leaf spring than the earlier 14/15s......could have been done to address the vibration issue.......no vibration issues in my '16. Youtube post on this

Stop your wondering, my 2016 with those leaf springs vibrates at 80 mph

Edited by steelcity

Mine kicks in around 80mph as well

Even if my '16 did, which it doesn't, I could care less about a rumble at that speed......didn't buy a pickup truck to go cruising at 80 mph.

• Like 2

This is why i sold my 14 silverado... Intermittent vibrating bullsh!t i can't stand.

Picked up a fully loaded 07 silverado crew cab Duramax instead.

• 4 years later...