Traded 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 for a 2016 Ford F150 Lariat

I traded my truck for a 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD 5.0L (Bronze Fire over Caribou) and all I got was:

1. A transmission that isn't programmed by a Chinese software programmer

2. A smooth ride at highway speeds. Vibration be gone.

3. A technology package that puts GM to shame.

4. A Bluetooth connection that calls a number when I want and doesn't (a) hang up on me when I tell it YES I want to call the number or (b) takes 20-30 seconds to connect.

5. No V4 drone at 35-40 mph

6. Headlights that illuminate the things it might be important to see when driving at night.

7. A trade-in value not affected by the AutoGuide article released on March 30th.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/03/the-mysterious-chevy-shake-is-affecting-pickup-trucks-now-too.html

In 6 hours of ownership, I had more happy moments than 9 months with my GMC Sierra.

In 9 months, my truck had a transmission replacement, tire replacement, motor mount shims installed, Road Force balancing at my dime, a new garage door transmitter, a 4x4 transfer case recall, a hitch replacement, a Infotainment Center software bug update and new headlight bulbs and reprogram.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested to know what the technology package is that puts gm to shame? I went to the ford website to check out the truck and all it says is lariat package. Is the lariat the equivalent of the SLT?

Good luck on your new pile

What's with the passive aggressive comment man? So he switched out of a truck that he wasn't happy with, and is now happy, I don't think his truck purchase affects you at all, yes it's a GM forum, but he been a member here, and unfortunately he was frustrated enough by GM to switch. Could of either not commented or just said "good luck" sick of reading posts from people who just try to stir the pot and get a rise out of people. That's not helpful to anyone on this forum.

If I were doing a F150 I think I'd go with the 5.0 as well. Good luck with the new truck. Hope you enjoy her for many miles to come.

hurricanoday, on 02 Apr 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:hurricanoday, on 02 Apr 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

I would be interested to know what the technology package is that puts gm to shame? I went to the ford website to check out the truck and all it says is lariat package. Is the lariat the equivalent of the SLT?

I outfitted my Sierra with every available package option except the Texas Value Package. I purchased a similiar setup in the F150. It has adaptive speed/cruise control, 360 degree camera, blind spot monitor system, cross traffic monitoring system, brake assist for collision avoidance, Pro Trailer Backup Assist, semi-self parallel parking, remote tailgate, rain sensing wipers and automatic high beams.

The MyFord Sync 3 infotainment center is like running a MacBook Pro next to GMs "See and Say" by PlaySkol. Sync 3 dials phone numbers within seconds, immediately pulls up Navigation information, has HD radio, better processor and touch screen, a 5 year free subscription to SiruisXM with Traffic & Weather Updates, etc.

Everyone has a personal taste in how they interface with technology on vehicles. But, Ford is light years ahead of GM at this point

redhot1.4, on 02 Apr 2016 - 03:15 AM, said:redhot1.4, on 02 Apr 2016 - 03:15 AM, said:

Good luck on your new pile

Everyone has an opinion, so here is mine based upon my experience.

1995 Chevrolet Silverado 2WD - Bucked and jerked randomly when warm. The mechanics could not find anything wrong after 6-10 visits. It could be replicated and was confirmed by a mechanic on a ride along, but the problem went away while in the shop. I was already outside the 3/36 and 5 year period (73,000 miles). Service manager told me to trade it on a good day which I did the next week.

-2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L gas - Lemon lawed at the 3 year point. Engine problems. I started the process at about 2 1/2 years.

-2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD - Traded

Transmission replacement, tire replacement (one on my dime and the second on warranty), motor mount shims installed, Road Force balancing on my dime, a new garage door transmitter, a 4x4 transfer case recall, a hitch replacement, a Infotainment Center software bug update and new headlight bulbs and reprogram. The AutoGuide report with statements from GM on the vibration problem aligns with my experiences dealing with them. Deny, deny, deny until you are outside the lemon law criteria or outside your basic warranty. All manufacturers adhere to this principle to a certain degree.

I drove a Ford F350 for 8 years and Toyota Tundra for 3 years without any significant issues. I would have gone back to Toyota is they offered a 6.5' bed option in CrewMax.

I will take my chances with Ford. My confidence in GM has costs me a lot of money over the years. I stayed away from Ford for a long time due to Twin I-Beam suspension, but those days are over.

Congrats!

Give us a update when you get more miles on it, not expecting you to have anything bad to say, would like to know more of your thoughts after you get some miles on, hope it makes you a good truck. A good friend of mine has a 5.0 F-150 and it is damn sharp, does everything well, not to mention rear HVAC and tons of room.

Post pics inside and outside of truck I want to see it.

When I bought my sierra 14 months ago you couldn't find a ford under 50'k how I wanted to I went with the sierra :/

Congrats on the new truck. It's always nice to pick up a new ride especially with the problems it sounds like you had with the GMC. Those F150's look really nice and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for me, I haven't had any problems with my Silverado. I love this thing and think it's the best looking truck on the road :)

Archived