Zane

2018 T1XX platform discussion is now open

Hi everyone! I wanted to announce that we've opened up an all new forum section to talk about the future 2018 Silverado and Sierra developed on the new T1XX platform.

Check out the new T1XX Platform Discussion Forum Here

We are excited to open more forums dedicated to the all new full size platform in the near future. :cheers:

Awesome, I really want to jump up to the new ones and can't wait to see what they offer. Hope our input can be put in to help make the next Gen that much better

Ryan

Edited by RyanbabZ71

Rear hvac vents and floorboard lights would be nice to have again lol

7.0 with 8 or 10 speed, led lighting throughout, rear hvac vents, rear heated seats, air suspension as an option, front HD coil spring suspension. Just some ideas...

• Like 1

Great idea! Even though we know next to nothing about the 2017 HD revisions, it's never too early to start discussing what's coming.

BTW- might be a good idea to open a 'Medium Duty' sub-forum in the Commercial Vehicles forum for the Isuzu LCF's and Navistar joint-venture trucks.

Edited by C/K Man
  • Like 1

BTW- might be a good idea to open a 'Medium Duty' sub-forum in the Commercial Vehicles forum for the Isuzu LCF's and Navistar joint-venture trucks.

Good idea. Done. :cheers:

I'll start by saying I bet these will be 2019 MY at the earliest. We haven't seen so much as a hint of a test vehicle out there. If these were going to be 2018 MY they would be shown at the end of this year most likely and on the lots in Q1-Q2 time frame of 2017 which is a year from now.

Curious to see the design direction and options. Maybe some of the luxury car whiners will be made happy with the options, hope they don't make them too car like in design both inside and out; I really liked the 14-15 design a solid throw back.

Tyler

A new discussion has started up, on the possibility of the 4.5 diesel coming of the shelf , to be used in the future Silverado / Sierra 1500 pickup trucks . Found it at GMauthority .com and Trucktrend .com

I just can't believe anything put out by usatoday about auto or trucks ! I rather believe what information auto magazines and Truck mag come out with,On that subject . :shakehead:

I just can't believe anything put out by usatoday about auto or trucks ! I rather believe what information auto magazines and Truck mag come out with,On that subject . :shakehead:

You say no aluminum trucks? So what do you think GM is going to do with the aluminum contract it has with Alcola?

• Like 1

You say no aluminum trucks? So what do you think GM is going to do with the aluminum contract it has with Alcola?

The media reports that keep popping up show GM using a combination of materials to reduce weight or improve structure.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2016/05/18/gm-says-first-weld-steel-aluminum/84558702/

• Like 1

ANything they can do to get the vibration out of the 2014-2016 would be welcome ;)