2018 T1XX platform discussion is now open

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is a very ugly looking dual exhaust setup.

yea... looks like something youd see on a some pos beater truck that a guy did in his driveway. Really hoping its just somethin they threw together for "testing" and not actually production.

Raptor Fighter!

2nd Gen Raptor out now and GM is investing in a mid size that they call comparable? WTH?

My 2016 is pretty disappointing: ...with the 8sp clunk, stereo/touchscreen that freezes up, and crappy quality leather All Terrain seats. The 5.3 is under powered and the 6.2 should be the std engine. No rear seat air is a joke. An All Terrain badge that actually improved Terrain capability in some way would be great. Front facing camera and a 360 camera. Rear end that is actually level side to side(not front to back like a leveling kit). Express up passenger window and both rear windows. Leaf springs that don't squeak. Engineer some way to prevent new pickup from shaking. Round wheel wells would be nice or make square wheels. Serviceable ball joints instead of replacing entire UCA seems reasonable. More rear seat leg room. Flat rear floor. Bring back Bilstein shock for off-road pkg. Lower geared option regardless of tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor Fighter!

2nd Gen Raptor out now and GM is investing in a mid size that they call comparable? WTH? It is more useful off road...

My 2016 is pretty disappointing: ...with the 8sp clunk, stereo/touchscreen that freezes up, and crappy quality leather All Terrain seats. The 5.3 is under powered not even close but then you add almost 15 lbs of tire and complain about power? and the 6.2 should be the std engine then buy that engine that is why there are options, should the 4.3 not be an option because you want the 6.2?. No rear seat air is a joke No issues in Texas, the air that comes out of the rear vents in most vehicles is warmer and weak, only good at slightly cooling your knee. The front vents move much more air and it is cooler coming out. An All Terrain badge that actually improved Terrain capability in some way would be great adds shocks, skid plate, tires, HDC, locker, pretty much exactly what Ford offers... Front facing camera and a 360 camera are you unable to handle your truck? You need a 360 camera and you want a Raptor size truck?. Rear end that is actually level side to side(not front to back like a leveling kit) check any manufacturer forum, all have complaints about leaning trucks, every wonder why? Weight and what is located on that side of the truck. Express up passenger window and both rear windows how lazy are you?. Leaf springs that don't squeak Mine don't since the dealer adjusted them and it isn't a pavement princess... Engineer some way to prevent new pickup from shaking most don't including mine, maybe 0.1-0.2% actually do.... Round wheel wells would be nice or make square wheels nothing wrong with the wheel wells now, actually gives it character. Serviceable ball joints instead of replacing entire UCA seems reasonable I'd be game but these trucks are mostly bought by suburban dads who have no use for a truck and couldn't tell the difference between a standard and metric wrench so we get this, but they are fine. More rear seat leg room I am 6'5 and have no problem sitting behind anyone that drives my truck that is near my height. If they go with a bigger cab then the bed needs to be made smaller or it won't fit in a standard garage (mine has about 2 inches of spare room). Flat rear floor useless except making the cab height even higher to clear everything. Bring back Bilstein shock for off-road pkg you would still complain it is the cheap version and it won't be any better than the rancho's, just upgrade how you see fit. Lower geared option regardless of tranny why when the tranny brings the gearing way down below the old 4.30 options?.

So much to complain about, have you thought about switching brands or maybe buying a luxury car? :rollin:

You typed all that on your phone?

Tyler

Raptor Fighter!

2nd Gen Raptor out now and GM is investing in a mid size that they call comparable? WTH?

My 2016 is pretty disappointing: ...with the 8sp clunk, stereo/touchscreen that freezes up, and crappy quality leather All Terrain seats. The 5.3 is under powered and the 6.2 should be the std engine. No rear seat air is a joke. An All Terrain badge that actually improved Terrain capability in some way would be great. Front facing camera and a 360 camera. Rear end that is actually level side to side(not front to back like a leveling kit). Express up passenger window and both rear windows. Leaf springs that don't squeak. Engineer some way to prevent new pickup from shaking. Round wheel wells would be nice or make square wheels. Serviceable ball joints instead of replacing entire UCA seems reasonable. More rear seat leg room. Flat rear floor. Bring back Bilstein shock for off-road pkg. Lower geared option regardless of tranny.

Sooo, what's with the round wheel wells? Fly sh!t in pepper.....

Interior looks very similar to current design with button layout changes and glove box(s) change? Since that's heavy cameo.

I think we could get larger tires to fit easier if the wheel wells were round, not to mention tires are round. IMO it would look better.

These squared off wheel wells have grown on me . Styling wise GM dared to be different and it really does set them apart from the ho hum round tire round wheel well .

I agree; really haven't given it any thought till this chatter and I've been driving GM trucks since 1975. Anyway, did a little googling and it appears to me that the last pickup built by GM with round wheel wells was the 1954 Advanced series. Their pickups since then, while not necessarily squared as in ninety degree angles, have all been angular. Actually, the 1955 wheel wells appear to me to resemble a parallelogram (showing off my junior high geometry, lol :) )

• 5 weeks later...

Archived