2018 T1XX platform discussion is now open

4 different exhaust 'treatments'

'beater' duals (yes that setup looked crappy)

rectangular duals

angled side exit

chrome tip side exit

Those towing a trailer w/ a 'stone guard' wouldn't be impressed w/ the under bumper outlets as I had to rework the exhaust on my '11 gasser. The heat from the exhaust was melting the flap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the 2016 and I love the look.

There's just so much that can be done to a pickup's appearance and still retain its functionality. Of the Three F's; form, fit and function, I rank function the highest, with fit as number two.

There's just so much that can be done to a pickup's appearance and still retain its functionality. Of the Three F's; form, fit and function, I rank function the highest, with fit as number two.

post-163687-0-62498800-1498505816_thumb.jpg

Nice, looks much like my 2015 except you keep yours a lot cleaner

Yeah the grill and front facia is great. I wouldn't change it. The only I want to see is a diesel option for the 1500. I like to 6.2 in there now but I want some better gas mileage.

the new 10 speed tranny is supposed to improve gas mileage in the 6.2

the new 10 speed tranny is supposed to improve gas mileage in the 6.2

I've read that the 10 spd will deliver about 1 mpg over the 8 spd. Concerning a 1500 diesel; I don't know what a diesel would cost over the gasser 6.2 but let's say it's $2,000. I get about 9 ~10 mpg with my 6.2 when towing my 6,500 lb TT and let's say a diesel delivers 20 mpg towing the same load. It would take my 6.2 about 110 gal/$275 to tow 1,000 miles while the diesel would burn about half that, 55 gal/$138 for the same distance. This is a very simple comparison and there are other variables to consider such as service, etc. but, my point is that unless you are a serious heavy duty user and can deprecate your truck in your business a diesel is difficult to justify.

I've read that the 10 spd will deliver about 1 mpg over the 8 spd. Concerning a 1500 diesel; I don't know what a diesel would cost over the gasser 6.2 but let's say it's $2,000. I get about 9 ~10 mpg with my 6.2 when towing my 6,500 lb TT and let's say a diesel delivers 20 mpg towing the same load. It would take my 6.2 about 110 gal/$275 to tow 1,000 miles while the diesel would burn about half that, 55 gal/$138 for the same distance. This is a very simple comparison and there are other variables to consider such as service, etc. but, my point is that unless you are a serious heavy duty user and can deprecate your truck in your business a diesel is difficult to justify.

completely agree. as much as i want a diesel, it just isnt necessary for me and how much i pull unfortunately :(

completely agree. as much as i want a diesel, it just isnt necessary for me and how much i pull unfortunately :(

Yup, wish I could justify one too. Btw, I subscribe to Truck Trend and get periodic email news updates. Just got this, thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.trucktrend.com/future-trucks/1706-spied-2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-diesel/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived