2018 T1XX platform discussion is now open

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

What about a diesel hybrid? I'd probably grab one of those for sure!

I hope the 1500's get a diesel like the Ram has. I don't need a 2500 but would love a diesel truck.

13 hours ago, BigZed said:

What about a diesel hybrid? I'd probably grab one of those for sure!

I hope the 1500's get a diesel like the Ram has. I don't need a 2500 but would love a diesel truck.

A diesel would definitely be nice.  I think I'd have to trader my 2014 in on one if that happened.

22 minutes ago, carsonj493 said:

2019 Chevy Silverado LT Trail Boss. Full reveal coming in January. 

What a relief. A special edition.

That makes me hope that the "normal" trucks haven't lost the elegance the previous models had.

Same for the tail gate....

But then, it could just be a good photoshop.

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

On December 14, 2017 at 7:22 AM, SierraAT said:

A diesel would definitely be nice.  I think I'd have to trader my 2014 in on one if that happened.

Yeh, depends on how much difference is between a diesel and a 6.2 gasser.  I have the 6.2 gasser in my 2015 and it matched with the 8 spd tranny are a great combo.  Btw, I was in my dealership last week for a routine oil change and was making chit chat with a service rep while waiting.  He recently had been to a viewing of the 2019 Silverado and naturally was all pumped about it.  I asked if the horsepower and torque will be upped on the 6.2 gasser and he said that the GM people at the viewing stated yes both will be increased but refused to give any numbers.  Anyway, waiting for the 2019 to hit the dealer lots so to touch, feel, drive, etc.  my 2015 is a great truck, especially for towing.  But, I'm no spring chicken anymore and so my old bones are less tolerant of the current leaf spring rear suspension setup.  So, will be testing the 2019 very closely for any improvement.

Any possibility of the multiple T1XX threads be merged/edited? I think there are 3 that are more or less the same substance. A lot of speculation about a truck after seeing 1 video & some PR pics.

Archived