2018 T1XX platform discussion is now open

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

4.5 Duramax Diesel V-8 with 325-360 horsepower and 550+ ft lb torque that gets 26mpg or more on the highway in 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 configuration would be killer. Make the 6.2 available in lower trim levels and up power to 460 horsepower or more. 10 speed transmission available with all engine options and trims. A Raptor fighter/killer and a Reg/Double Cab sport truck edition with 520+ horsepower should be considered as well. Engineer superior Audi LED type lighting inside and out from the start, great infotainment systems, better tires even if a $500-$1000 option and hold the line on overall pricing. One can dream LoL. ?

4.5 Duramax Diesel V-8 with 325-360 horsepower and 550+ ft lb torque that gets 26mpg or more on the highway in 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 configuration would be killer. Make the 6.2 available in lower trim levels and up power to 460 horsepower or more. 10 speed transmission available with all engine options and trims. A Raptor fighter/killer and a Reg/Double Cab sport truck edition with 520+ horsepower should be considered as well. Engineer superior Audi LED type lighting inside and out from the start, great infotainment systems, better tires even if a $500-$1000 option and hold the line on overall pricing. One can dream LoL.

People want everything a luxury car has then complain about price and ride. None of that is happening for the same price, you want more "stuff" prepare to pay more prices and drive the trucks expenses out of the hands of those that really need and use it. Might as well add sheep skin headliner, 28 speaker Bang & Olufson sound system, 13 inch rear tv that rises up out of the console and standard massaging baby lamb skin seats all for the same price as an LTZ :rollin:

Tyler

Wonder if they brought the EL Camino back in a modern 4 door high end luxury vehicle if it would fit many of todays truck buying needs better. Leave the truck a truck for those that need the brute strength and have the El camino that want a ''softer'' version luxury truck of sorts

AMX hold the line on pricing is not a call to add more features such as TV's and Bowers/JL Audio for the same price. Instead if the starting MSRP for a 2019 LTZ Z71 CCSB is 50K than the new 2020 needs to start at 50K. Those wanting more/upgraded features can expect to pay to play. Those who want to be 1st on the road with the latest and greatest will pay full sticker or get a marginal discount. GM makes plenty of profit from these trucks and with the headlight goof for the 14-15 K2's still fresh in mind this needs to be perfect from day 1. The F-150 offers features such as Panoramic roof, 360° view cameras, idiot proof trailer reversing and soon a diesel engine none of which are available on a GM truck. For once GM needs to better them and one big weapon would be a more capable 4.5L Duramax V8. Added features/options are great but expect to pay. GM has the ability to produce a world class truck and offer buyers more choices to suit there needs regardless if they want a 40K 2wd RCSB or a 60K 4wd CCSB Duramax.

• 1 month later...

Wonder if they brought the EL Camino back in a modern 4 door high end luxury vehicle if it would fit many of todays truck buying needs better. Leave the truck a truck for those that need the brute strength and have the El camino that want a ''softer'' version luxury truck of sorts

Being a long time El Camino owner, I think a 4 door version would be an abomination. The beauty and attraction of the El Camino is that it's the sporty 2 seater version of the Malibu.

4.5 Duramax Diesel V-8 with 325-360 horsepower and 550+ ft lb torque that gets 26mpg or more on the highway in 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 configuration would be killer. Make the 6.2 available in lower trim levels and up power to 460 horsepower or more. 10 speed transmission available with all engine options and trims. A Raptor fighter/killer and a Reg/Double Cab sport truck edition with 520+ horsepower should be considered as well. Engineer superior Audi LED type lighting inside and out from the start, great infotainment systems, better tires even if a $500-$1000 option and hold the line on overall pricing. One can dream LoL.

What was the planned baby Dmax that was slated to go into the GMT900s but shelved due to the bankruptcy? Our plant was slated to start tooling changes then we got the closure notice in May of '08.

Being a long time El Camino owner, I think a 4 door version would be an abomination. The beauty and attraction of the El Camino is that it's the sporty 2 seater version of the Malibu.

"A four door version of the El Camino"; wouldn't that pretty much fit the description of the Avalanche? Being that this topic is still only four pages I scanned through all four of them. Lots of good ideas and suggestions. I especially like the ones suggesting or inferring a cafeteria style of building ones truck. The format somewhat currently exists but I think the complaint is the menu is too limited. In my case I want a larger selection of desserts while others are more interested in the entrees, more meat and potatoes selection so to speak. Being that I no longer use my truck for work, I'm more interested in the dessert menu; meaning comfort. So, I would like to see perhaps the LTX and HighCountry offered with air ride and/or coil rear springs, HVAC vents for rear seats like I had in my 2005, seats could be a little softer on my crusty old butt. There's some other minor stuff but not going to bother now. No, don't want to drive an Escalade, still want to be a truck guy, just a kinder gentler kind of truck guy, lol. Anyway, my two bits :)

• 3 weeks later...

GM still does make the El camino but in the Land down under.it is called the UTE redline SS this truck can be had with the LS3 6.2L,6sp manual and Bembo brakes.one badass truck......now if they offered it here in the U.S would it sale?

post-166087-0-69905500-1491775489_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived