Welcome to the all new T1 Platform Forum

Tow mirrors do extend but manually. It's about time they made a power folding and extending option.

They currently do have a power folding tow mirror.

My 2015 SLT has power folding tow mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Composite body, use the weight saved to add steel to the frame.

Opt-out option for deleting all the fancy electronics you don't need. Just gimme a radio and CD player. No Nav, no GPS, no USB, no interweb connectivity.

Hovercraft.

I'm tired of spending $1200 for tires every couple of years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start/Stop technology, newer generation engine family (smaller and more refined), 10 speed trans & aluminum body/high strength steel frame are the rumors I hear. Losing 500-700lbs would be amazing! My '15 is already an efficient beast! Can't imagine it with a little more refinement and big weight loss.

Hoping they add a little more power to boot. Maybe an SS option again---would love that!

They currently do have a power folding tow mirror.

My 2015 SLT has power folding tow mirrors.

Mine too. But not power extending...but the Ford does.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go for the full power mirror option, keep the 6.2L and add a small duramax, give me some gear ratio I can tow with. Lose the square wheel openings I want to stuff a nice round tire in a round hole tired of trying to get them in the square holes. Been doing that since 73 time for a change! (rant over) I had the composite bed on my 02 never understood why it didn't become standard. Cap less fuel fill, key less entry and ignition. Great color options. Led lights everywhere. I might as well keep hoping for the RAPTOR fighter as well!

• 1 month later...

1: How about a restyled and moved shark fin ? I'd like to see it moved to the back center of the roof. There has to be a way to make it blend in with the roof line better too.

2: Rear HVAC vents

3: Premium carpeted floor mats in the style of the 2016 mats.

• 1 month later...

The new ones definitely need a tougher frame coating that will hold up better to the elements. Thicker/better exterior paint too.

X2 on the frame coating!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping it gets here next year, but it sounds like that might be unlikely. Unlike many of you, I currently have no brand loyalty, other than being completely fed up with Dodge. My current Dodge has under 70k miles, and I've already had plenty of problems.

I'm shopping for a new pickup and I'm down to the Sierra or F-150. The lack of rear vents is the real deal killer to me, but no push button start, no active cruise, and the lack of some trailering features that the F offers really are things influencing my decision right now. I hate to say I "need" those features, but I have them now, and it'd be hard to revert back to a key and active cruise has saved my butt a few times.

I prefer the 6.2 and I like the styling of the Sierra better, but the F definitely offers more cutting edge features, without sacrificing much in the way of capability.

• 1 month later...

My wish list.

*HVAC vents on rear of console (had them on my 2005 CC Silverado, why eliminated?).

*sharper resolution backup camera and screen.

*real-time gear display (helpful when towing to know the gear tranny is in).

*35 gal gas tank option, even better add 25 gal tank on other side.

*currently have 2015, guessing headlight lumination has already been improved on 2017?

*offer air-lift option, same as Ram.

*Love the 6.2/8 spd combo, keep it.

A few more inputs;

*I'm old and thereby old school about some things I suppose. Anyway, I'm ok with column shift and a real key ignition even though I'm ridiculed by my wife and three daughters who all have keyless, but they all like to drive my truck regardless :)

*Also, I would like to see a new special model offered with rear coil springs along with air lift bags to compensate for towing capacity loss by going away from leaf springs.

Archived