Welcome to the new 2017 / 2018 C1XX Midsize SUV Forum

Any idea on the pricing structure for the 2018 Enclave yet?

Not released yet. I think the order banks for the new style open in early June. I don't know about the base models but expect the Avenir to top out well over $50K.

If the Avenir's MSRP is under 60, we might be able to nail one down in the lower 50's.

Through a volume discounter or end-of year, something like that.

Think I might pull the trigger on one. I might wait a model year, though.

I still have nightmares about my '08. Had a lot of little issues. Worst Buick we ever had.

The 2013? Not a problem. Aside from the brake master cylinder squeak.

• 5 months later...

Was in the market for a vehicle to replace the '15 Traverse 2LT and considering the '17 Tahoe. Dealer had a nicely equipped LT in black that turned the wife off saying it looked like a shorty hearse......kinda does. Spotted an '18 Traverse Premier in white tri-coat with redline package with 10 miles that arrived the day before, new CX11 chassis looks like the same size sleeker, meaner version of the Tahoe and took a test ride.......larger version of the new Acadia which uses the same CX11 chassis.

Fifteen minutes later I returned and parked it in a double parking space and told the salesman to keep people away from the vehicle, I was keeping the fob and going inside to work out a deal with the manager. Three hours later minus the '15 Traverse (KBB excellent in trade) plus another $20K and we were tail lights down the road.

A month and 1500 miles of trouble free driving later I know it says Traverse on the nameplate, but it is no "Traverse"......the only thing in common with my '15 is they both use round tires! After driving both generations I feel that GM has designed an entirely new vehicle from the ground up and slapped on a Traverse emblem just for marketing purposes. Felt the same as my dad when he insisted on trading our '58 Impala for the larger, sleeker '59....old nameplate stuck on an entirely new vehicle.

Same driving height, longer length, same improved seating in the third row, 2WD/AWD switching on the fly with off road and 5000 lb. trailering modes for the 9 spd tranny hooked to the 310 hp V6 - more responsive that the V4/8 AFM in my Silvy and the Tahoe we test rode.......and $15-20K cheaper! And even more cargo space than the Tahoe with all seats folded....and that's not counting the hidden bathtub size storage bin with internal spare tire stored below - no stinking trolley to rust up or frame to rot out in the rust belt. Can even fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood or sheet rock internally with the 2nd and 3rd rows folded. And an honest 26+ mpg after vehicle break-in. The forward and reverse view with six cameras providing a synthesized aerial view of utilizing the six cameras is great - you can actually black out all the windows and drive the vehicle around the block - even has a switchable reverse ultra wide view LCD screen in the standard self dimming rear view mirror and a washer to clean salt or road crud from the rear  camera lenses.

Went for a Tahoe and ended up with an '18 Traverse.....can't see how Chevy will keep marketing both SUVs for a much longer period with a $15-20K MSRP differential between the two. .....an SUV with the same style and sleeker looks with all the advantages. Those that want to a vehicle to carry the max amount of passengers and tow at the same time will need the size and space of a Suburban anyway.

Finally came out with a brochure

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/shopping-tools/download-catalog/02-pdf/2018-chevrolet-traverse-catalog.pdf

23DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0248.JPG

• 2 months later...

I just recently purchased a used 2017 GMC Acadia Denali FWD, I’m coming from a Honda HRV and this thing is smooth and amazing. The only thing I don’t like is the MPG. Has anyone put a cold air intake on their Acadia? I’ve been searching online with nothing coming up. Any ideas??

f128de42859619f6ffd57266c0d81ba1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Was in the market for a vehicle to replace the '15 Traverse 2LT and considering the '17 Tahoe. Dealer had a nicely equipped LT in black that turned the wife off saying it looked like a shorty hearse......kinda does. Spotted an '18 Traverse Premier in white tri-coat with redline package with 10 miles that arrived the day before, new CX11 chassis looks like the same size sleeker, meaner version of the Tahoe and took a test ride.......larger version of the new Acadia which uses the same CX11 chassis.

Fifteen minutes later I returned and parked it in a double parking space and told the salesman to keep people away from the vehicle, I was keeping the fob and going inside to work out a deal with the manager. Three hours later minus the '15 Traverse (KBB excellent in trade) plus another $20K and we were tail lights down the road.

A month and 1500 miles of trouble free driving later I know it says Traverse on the nameplate, but it is no "Traverse"......the only thing in common with my '15 is they both use round tires! After driving both generations I feel that GM has designed an entirely new vehicle from the ground up and slapped on a Traverse emblem just for marketing purposes. Felt the same as my dad when he insisted on trading our '58 Impala for the larger, sleeker '59....old nameplate stuck on an entirely new vehicle.

Same driving height, longer length, same improved seating in the third row, 2WD/AWD switching on the fly with off road and 5000 lb. trailering modes for the 9 spd tranny hooked to the 310 hp V6 - more responsive that the V4/8 AFM in my Silvy and the Tahoe we test rode.......and $15-20K cheaper! And even more cargo space than the Tahoe with all seats folded....and that's not counting the hidden bathtub size storage bin with internal spare tire stored below - no stinking trolley to rust up or frame to rot out in the rust belt. Can even fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood or sheet rock internally with the 2nd and 3rd rows folded. And an honest 26+ mpg after vehicle break-in. The forward and reverse view with six cameras providing a synthesized aerial view of utilizing the six cameras is great - you can actually black out all the windows and drive the vehicle around the block - even has a switchable reverse ultra wide view LCD screen in the standard self dimming rear view mirror and a washer to clean salt or road crud from the rear  camera lenses.

Went for a Tahoe and ended up with an '18 Traverse.....can't see how Chevy will keep marketing both SUVs for a much longer period with a $15-20K MSRP differential between the two. .....an SUV with the same style and sleeker looks with all the advantages. Those that want to a vehicle to carry the max amount of passengers and tow at the same time will need the size and space of a Suburban anyway.

Finally came out with a brochure
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/shopping-tools/download-catalog/02-pdf/2018-chevrolet-traverse-catalog.pdf

23DSCN0244.jpg.b13454a5a300cef7fcf92a13504d90c6.jpg
DSCN0248.thumb.JPG.88ca35da38ba269d462ce084f2c1b793.JPG

After battling numbers with the dealer, we are about $3k part between a High Country Traverse and a LTZ (not premier) Tahoe. Unreal. At this point, my ego says ‘tahoe’ but practicality says ‘Traverse’. Chevy has some nerve charging so much for the Tahoe.

• 1 month later...

2018 Traverse - Premier came home today. It is one nice ride.

Currently looking for some recommendations on new floor mats and a rear trunk mat.

0f1b75caa29e5650b1e1d24292b71634.jpg