Which Cab / Bed Style Looks Best ?

Which Cab / Bed Style Looks Best ?  

943 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a truck with the suicide door s. It was terrible when trying to put stuff in the back seat. You have to open the front door first. If you were parallel parked next to someone it sucked to get stuff in the back. Terrible for vacuuming the back seat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I disagree on all your points. For parallel parked vehicles, I found them much easier to work with. And vacuuming was far easier. Sure you had to open both front and back. That's a great thing, not a bad thing.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To each his own but after 10 years of owning one, I much prefer the 4 standard opening doors. They look better too IMO. GM definitely isn’t losing any sales over the newer design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the old look of the extended cab. The tiny doors look funny to me. Probably a non issue to me as I'm on my 2nd crew cab and doubt I'll downsize even if I'm the only one 95% of the time in my truck. My bigger issue is the lack of 8ft bed options around me.

It's not sales, it's safety. Ford will be following suit soon as well. The b pillar adds strength for side impact and roll over. The suicide doors were nice, but it's hardly a screw up on GM's behalf.

I have a double cab standard bed, love it. I don't miss the crew cab at all, I don't haul people around that much. The rear seats aren't exactly comfortable but you can fit people in there without squishing them if the front seats aren't pushed way back. I rarely drive around with more than 3 people anyways and they can all fit in the front.

The extra bed length is super nice, I can now have a toolbox in the bed and still have a usable amount of bed space. Very glad I waited for a double cab to pop up and didn't go with one of the crew cabs.

Personally, I think GM messed up with the "extended cab" doors and moving away from the backward opening doors. If i'd not purchased a crew cab, I'd prefer the extended cab with the backward opening doors. Much more useful. And more spacious for moving stuff. Easier for a single person commute. Just better overall. The tiny doors now are a laugh. Way too small for anyone but a small person (kid) that you'd much more wish to control entry/exit with backward opening doors. GM f'd up.

I disagree and say GM did right by getting away from the suicide doors. Adding the B pillar adds structural stability to the cab. I had a Silverado with suicide doors and had creeking from the gaskets and rattling because of the cab flexing from the long span of the cab with no support. You can also tell it wasn't solid either when closing the front doors because the striker was on the rear doors. Just didn't feel solid. I was glad to get out of that truck and into one with a B pillar. Always having to open the front doors for someone getting in or out of the back was a PITA. Good move GM.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I disagree and say GM did right by getting away from the suicide doors. Adding the B pillar adds structural stability to the cab. I had a Silverado with suicide doors and had creeking from the gaskets and rattling because of the cab flexing from the long span of the cab with no support. You can also tell it wasn't solid either when closing the front doors because the striker was on the rear doors. Just didn't feel solid. I was glad to get out of that truck and into one with a B pillar. Always having to open the front doors for someone getting in or out of the back was a PITA. Good move GM.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

GM showed in previous models the truck could handle a roll-over without the pillar, if you feel you need the extra pillar and strength, they make the Crew Cab. Now they just make two almost identical options. Boring and useless.

Archived