2014 GMC Sierra - 4WD Software Recall

I dropped my truck off at the dealership this morning for routine maintenance covered under the 24k 2yr plan. I am also having the voice command prompt repaired for the second time (it does not initiate the command prompt when hitting the button). Anyways, the dealership notified me of a 4WD software issue recall. He was not able to elobarate, I will get more info from one of the service guys when I pick it up. Just wanted to notify others and ask if anyone has the details on this? I am going to start searching online for more info.

Thanks!

Nate

Transfer Case update, where it can get stuck in 4wd in extreme cold Temps? That might be the one .

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Thanks for pointing that one out. I did come across that one online. I have taken my truck up to the Sierras about a dozen times in sub freezing temps with no issues. Nothing below 0-5 degrees at the coldest though. I will report back if I learn anuthing new.

I decided to call over there. It is as you suspected, the 4WD always engaged in cold temp. They referenced recall 15304. I see this is already in a thread elsewhere in the forum.

Archived