Headlight Illumination Issues

On 10/24/2014 at 8:46 PM, TJay74 said:

If you are stock height then 1-1.25 up works really well. If you are leveled in the rear/front then down .75-1 is about right.

I went with the higher output HIR bulb and adjusted mine and they are fine. I just wish I would find a 4500-5000k HIR headlight bulb and fog light bulb for a more pure white color.

TJ, Which higher output bulb did you install?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the lights suck on my 2014 as well.....Just wild that GM couldn't care less about it. Back to Yota next time and yes I am sure they have issues to but my experience has been not any with all three I have had.

22R

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:05 AM, Terp84Alum said:

I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything transpired since the attorney solicited for the class action suit. Has GM made any acknowledgement of the issue? Thanks

I haven't see any new info on it.  Wouldn't expect much to come of it.  

Basically I see it as GM could care less and if you want to improve the lighting on your truck, it's up to you.

• 3 weeks later...

ive been having a lot of issues with my headlights in my 2014.

we all know the light output of the 14s is horrible but ever since the service bulletin back in 2015 to increase voltage my bulbs only last 5-8000km

i put in a complaint with Transport Canada today and they told me they have already started an investigation into the headlight of the 2014, they took my complaint and info on dates bulbs were replaces at the dealer and when the bulletin/recall was done in 2015.

If anyone is having issues with their headlights of 14/15 sierra call transport Canada and put in a complaint.

1-800-333-0371

GM needs to recall the headlight housings and the only way to force it is enough legit complaints....the investigation is started just give them the info!

On 12/6/2017 at 8:18 AM, Shredzy said:

EaZ8,

Keep us posted on any updates.

As I mentioned in the post right above yours, I'm not too optimistic of anything happening in regards to GM correcting the lighting issues with these trucks.

will do but people who own the trucks need to make safety complaints..it takes 5 min to make the call.

i also have a voicemail from Auto protection Association saying they are well aware of the issue, and are also trying to force GM is issue a recall, in the meantime they have no solution but say that we do have the right to take GM to small claims court individually.

Edited by EaZ8

6 hours ago, WLC said:

Called exec. Office at GM. You are on your own! No help whatsoever .....

^^^   same here, GM could care less-waiting to be proven otherwise.

22 hours ago, EaZ8 said:

will do but people who own the trucks need to make safety complaints..it takes 5 min to make the call.

i also have a voicemail from Auto protection Association saying they are well aware of the issue, and are also trying to force GM is issue a recall, in the meantime they have no solution but say that we do have the right to take GM to small claims court individually.

I agree 100% but how long will it take IF anything comes of the issue?  Most of us will have moved onto another vehicle(s) by then.   If you want to wait & see that is fine. 

I installed an aftermarket HID kit and so far it has worked fine and illuminates the road ALOT better than what GM provided.  I couldn't wait to see that nothing will come of GM actually helping us and I wanted to see where I was going in the dark.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:07 PM, Chad Frantz said:

I dont think I should have to pay for a HID kit. Just seen that my drivers side light is out again. I only got 12000 miles out of this bulb - truck just hit 30000 miles. This will be the fourth light bulb that has been in this truck. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

have you reported this yet???

my headlights blow out every 5000-8000km!!

shoot me a PM, it looks like you are in the states but get your complaint logged!!

What is the difference between the 14 and the 15's headlamps? My 15 has about as good a set of peepers as a guy could wish for and holding up just fine. Took some adjustment but...just saying if we knew what that difference was, it's a parts swap. Yea I get you shouldn't have to and GM should do the right thing but until they do...the waiting hurts one person and it isn't them. 

18 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What is the difference between the 14 and the 15's headlamps? My 15 has about as good a set of peepers as a guy could wish for and holding up just fine. Took some adjustment but...just saying if we knew what that difference was, it's a parts swap. Yea I get you shouldn't have to and GM should do the right thing but until they do...the waiting hurts one person and it isn't them. 

looks like you have a silverado, the issue is the sierra.

I have a 2014 sierra with halogens and honestly it wasnt that bad, especially after installing Phillips Crystal vision bulbs (30% more light). I could see pretty good, night time with rain was def issue.

I did recently install 50w 5500k morimotos and wow what a difference. Its worth it. High beams with them are crazy!! Looks like it illuminates 1/4 mile out. 

Picture is of low beamsf4809aff6a2a790787579407821c6a30.jpg