Headlight Illumination Issues

My headlights are awesome! Don't know why some have issues and some don't? Kind of like the vibration issue I guess.

I often get flashed by on coming traffic on single lane roads.

Bad pic because it's blurry. Low beams only.

20140830_222451_zps700eaaac.jpg

I don't have a problem with my headlights either. I finally got them tweaked. I also changed my bulbs. If you're getting flashed, your lights are set too high. When set too high, it shines more towards high beam and then when switched to high beam, the highs are too high and in the trees. Was your truck leveled, (rear lowered/front raised)? Remember, it's the same bulb for low and high beams and it's a shutter that opens and closes from low to high.

I don't have a problem with my headlights either. I finally got them tweaked. I also changed my bulbs. If you're getting flashed, your lights are set too high. When set too high, it shines more towards high beam and then when switched to high beam, the highs are too high and in the trees. Was your truck leveled, (rear lowered/front raised)? Remember, it's the same bulb for low and high beams and it's a shutter that opens and closes from low to high.

Nope truck is bone stock.

My headlights are awesome! Don't know why some have issues and some don't? Kind of like the vibration issue I guess.

+1, headlights are great, no vibrations. I love my truck! :driving:

• Like 1

9012. The 9006 will interchange with a small mod of trimming the tabs. The 9012 is more efficient and puts out more lumens than the 9006 (1850 for the 9012 and 1000 for the 9006).. Going to the 9006 would be a downgrade from the 9012.

According the manual , my truck has 9012 headlight bulbs in it. Is there some thing different available? Thanks

Yeah, they are adequate for driving around town, but try them going 80 MPH down the interstate in Wyoming at night, miles from any town.

Where the deer and the antelope play!

It can get kind of scary going around curves, when your lights have tunnel vision.

I live in the country, where it is pitch black at night, with lots of deer.

GM can do better.

• Like 7

Yeah, they are adequate for driving around town, but try them going 80 MPH down the interstate in Wyoming at night, miles from any town.

Where the deer and the antelope play!

It can get kind of scary going around curves, when your lights have tunnel vision.

I live in the country, where it is pitch black at night, with lots of deer.

GM can do better.

We have deer, antelope, and all sorts of critters down here too. My lights are great going 80mph.

Maybe my lights are aimed to high and some of y'alls are aimed to low. lol

I'll have to take some pics next time I'm out on the highway.

Edited by haider320

According the manual , my truck has 9012 headlight bulbs in it. Is there some thing different available? Thanks

Yes the 9006 as I said but the 9012 puts out more light than the 9006. You have to trim the tabs on the 9006 so it senseless to go to them.

Everyone has an opinion. Some believe the headlights suck, some think they're fantastic. Those that think they are fantastic haven't driven a vehicle with great lights or they just haven't spent much time with these.

• Like 5

HID kit.. problem solved. Here is a few hours of reading.. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152762-hid-headlight-bulbs-hid-projector-retrofit/

More like "a few days of reading" ..... But definitely full of useful content

Edited by Ex-Ford Guy

Just like I recall before I changed mine. This is a picture with low beams with a 35w morimoto HID kit in the OEM projector of the SLT. It really does look just like these two pictures. And yes, the headlights above have the adjustment of the cutoff too high or the truck is not on level ground in the pic.

DSC_7806Large_zpsd557c4fd.jpg

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 2

My previous vehicle was a 2010 Acura TSX with factory HIDs and those headlights were fantastic. The headlights on my truck blow goats in comparison. As soon as a plug and play HID conversion that works properly with our projector housings comes to market, I'm a buyer.