Headlight Illumination Issues

I also agree , on my 2014 SLT , the light beam is awful ....

There are stuff GM really chepaed out on on the 2014 + .

Still scratching my head over my new 2014 SLT not having vents in the back ..SMH!

But then again if you dont expect much from GM , you wont be let down,

• Like 2

Yup, the Sierra's use a single (crappy) projector for low and high, with just a shutter that raises for high beam. The light output, and beam pattern on low is horrible, I would call dangerous. Then go to high, which it does by raising the shutter, and the beam pattern and light output is equally as bad, with the majority of the beam pattern going 10 degrees up in to the trees. It can not be adjusted down, as you would think, because then the low beam would point to the ground, as the shutter height is not adjustable.

Again, the cheapest, easiest fix is to install HID bulbs into the existing projectors. My 35w-4500K HID bulbs have at least made the truck safe to drive at night, and took about 1-2 hours to install. This gives good/acceptable light output, but the other beam pattern problems are still not fixable. On high with the HID's the 10degree up angle problem is enough to think your going to call in planes to land, not kidding. And if you drive under a forest canopy, as I do alot, it is very distracting, but at least you can see.

Some have installed complete new projectors with great results, however this requires extensive mods.

Best of luck.

Which hids did you get?

Those other two threads are really long

I also agree , on my 2014 SLT , the light beam is awful ....

There are stuff GM really chepaed out on on the 2014 + .

Still scratching my head over my new 2014 SLT not having vents in the back ..SMH!

But then again if you dont expect much from GM , you wont be let down,

You hit the nail on the head.

As the OP has mentioned in his first post on the cite the headlights indeed "suck".

I did the HID conversion and now wish I had just saved money and done a total replacement of the Projectors and bulbs.

With the new HIDs I can certainly see better strait in front of me but there is zero output left and right. I turned around on a dirt road last night and had to use my Surefire Fury flashlight to see what was around me

The lack of headlights on my 2014 Denali are my #1 complaint with this $50K truck. I have leveling kit, but I can't see this being a problem. My 2013 Rapor and 2001 Tundra also were level with no problems with good headlights.

When I get my first oil change, I plan to have a serious discussion with the service manager and anyone else who will listen. I plan to carry plenty of proof that this is a widespread complaint. These headlights are terrible at night, and competely DANGEROUS at night when it's raining.

This is rediculous!

• Like 4

Which hids did you get?

Those other two threads are really long

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems/morimoto-elite-hid-system-mopar-low-beam.html#.VElZH2d0xol

The only issue I have had with them is once and a while, one light or the other fails to light. easy fix is just turn on and off again with the switch. Could be a grounding problem, don't care to investigate right now. I can see, cause even one light on now is better than OEM. Has happened about 3-4 times in 4+ months.

The lack of headlights on my 2014 Denali are my #1 complaint with this $50K truck. I have leveling kit, but I can't see this being a problem. My 2013 Rapor and 2001 Tundra also were level with no problems with good headlights.

When I get my first oil change, I plan to have a serious discussion with the service manager and anyone else who will listen. I plan to carry plenty of proof that this is a widespread complaint. These headlights are terrible at night, and competely DANGEROUS at night when it's raining.

This is rediculous!

What do you want or think the service manager will do? Buy you a set of HID's? I am guessing you had the HID's on the Raptor? I think some people just expect too much when coming from a previous vehicle with better or upgraded lights before. These lights aren't dangerous, it is just a word being thrown around to try and make something seem so much worse than it really is. More people on this site say they are fine or great than those that say they are not. Just like with anything, the vibration issue is a small overall percentage but some try to make it out like it is every truck.

This is why I like halogens, they are great, throw a wide long beam and are cheap.

Throw some HID bulbs in there if your eyes are that bad, problem solved.

Dangerous :rollin: Yeah I am sure they would have made it through the DOT and automotive approval process if they were...

Tyler

• Like 2

What do you want or think the service manager will do? Buy you a set of HID's? I am guessing you had the HID's on the Raptor? I think some people just expect too much when coming from a previous vehicle with better or upgraded lights before. These lights aren't dangerous, it is just a word being thrown around to try and make something seem so much worse than it really is. More people on this site say they are fine or great than those that say they are not. Just like with anything, the vibration issue is a small overall percentage but some try to make it out like it is every truck.

This is why I like halogens, they are great, throw a wide long beam and are cheap.

Throw some HID bulbs in there if your eyes are that bad, problem solved.

Dangerous :rollin: Yeah I am sure they would have made it through the DOT and automotive approval process if they were...

Tyler

You would have pissed your pants riding with me at night down the switchbacks while raining cats and dogs, coming out of the East side of Yellowstone headed to Cody. The lights suck, unless you never leave the pavement, drive in the rain, or get out of town.

• Like 3