High pitched whining noise when starting?

Hey guys, I've had my 2014 for about a month. 20k miles on it. I've noticed that sometimes when I start it up, I get a high-pitched whining noise as the engine attempts to turn over. It always does start with no issue, it just makes this odd noise sometimes. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

• Like 1

Mine has a power steering sounding whine when I start it, and if it's really cold out it sounds that way till it's warmed up. I can only assume it's either the vacuum pump or high pressure fuel pump. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it really concerns you.

Noticed this on my '15 too. Much different turnover than my 2010. This one has that distinct whine/sharp turnover and sometimes cycles quite a few times before the engine starts. Especially in cold weather or if it's been sitting for more than a day.

• 2 years later...

I too have been having this issue, I bought my truck new in may of 2016 and about 7 months later, I started to notice a whining noise during cold starts on colder mornings. Now its louder and it does it just about every time I start it. I've took it to the dealership, but of course they can't duplicate it.  Has anyone found a solution yet? It does sound like something to do with the power steering.

Since no one else has posted a video yet, I'll try to get one posted in the next day or two. 

• 2 years later...