6.0 Exhaust ideas

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job.

Yeah i had this system on my 2006 and it was pretty droney inside, and after 5 years it kinda got to me. Maybe the truckz are more insulated which make it quieter. Im not sure they make this kit for dbl cab as that was the issue last time around.

As for me.. i have my exhaust shop looking into best choice for max power and torque as well as minimal drone inside. Will be all custom mandrel bent and welded and wont have any clearance issues obviously.

More.

hey,thanks so much for posting. thats the one i was going to get and magnaflow wont get back to me with pics or sounds. horrible cust service in my opinion. can you please post some sounds? thanks again,Ray

Nice job.

Yeah i had this system on my 2006 and it was pretty droney inside, and after 5 years it kinda got to me. Maybe the truckz are more insulated which make it quieter. Im not sure they make this kit for dbl cab as that was the issue last time around.

As for me.. i have my exhaust shop looking into best choice for max power and torque as well as minimal drone inside. Will be all custom mandrel bent and welded and wont have any clearance issues obviously.

The new kits fit all cab and bed configurations. I will try to get a video over the next couple days. It sounds very similar to the dual system I posted a video of.

-Eli

any luck with video? did you have to cut the stock system to get it out? thanks

The stock system will come out in one piece if you jack the rear of the truck up.

Video:

• 1 month later...

Another picture and some sound videos....

Stock Exhaust:

Magnaflow 19027

Magnaflow Rev

Is it possible to get a sound clip inside the truck with windows up and rev? I am most likely leaning to this system you did, which sounds great btw.

Here you go:

First one is a startup and pulling out on to the highway under moderate throttle.

Second is taking off from a stop light under 3/4 throttle

-Eli

You dont hear that drone at idle thats on the video. When you are cruising there is a slight drone in the 2K RPM range if you are on the gas but it is not bad at all. It's barely louder than the stock intake noise in the cab.

-Eli

Archived