1998 GMC - What's it worth?

I recently purchased a 2016 Silverado and am now considering selling my

1998 GMC. The GMC is a 1500 Auto V8 with an extended cab (3 door), short bed. It is a 4WD with the push button on the fly. It is all White and the body is perfect - no scratches - no rust. It has 34" tires and black wheels, bed liner, tonneau cover, tinted power windows, black powder coated SS Nerf Bars. Seats have custom seat covers that were installed when the truck was new so the interior underneath should be like new (seat covers are also like new). There are no cracks, rips or stains anywhere on the interior and the floors are completely covered with Weather Tech floor mats (carpet underneath is like new). The truck needs nothing at all - everything works as it did when it was new.

I am the original owner and the truck was kept in the garage for most of it's life. It has 65K (NOT A TYPO) original miles. The truck was special ordered at a local dealer and came equipped with factory skid plates and a dual battery setup. The person who ordered the truck never bought it and I picked it up at the end of 1998 as a leftover. I have never used the truck for any hard work, it has never had a plow installed and never used to pull anything. It has never been offroad though it is perfectly capable with the larger off road wheels and tires. You will be able to tell when you see this truck that it has been meticulously cared for it's entire life. Not sure what this truck is worth and was hoping I could get an idea from someone knowledgeable in this area. I've never uploaded pics to this site but could send a couple out if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Ed

I personally would use this...http://www.nadaguides.com/

Put all the information in and they will give you a ball park value based on your location.

I second this. After you find out what it's worth according to them, look around your area, in the papers, etc, and then adjust your price accordingly.

I keep track in real world..

that is a very quick sale of 8000...

or sit on it in mint condition with precise photos, squeeze a little more.

but that is my locale.

I had to wait for bad steel opinions on the aging 96-98 to get a normal price (I weld).

btw..that is my absolute favorite trucks. 96-98

Thanks for everyone's input. I ran the NADA numbers and that put the truck right around $8K. I'm sure my truck exceeds the normal condition that NADA uses as a base and the fact that it is a one owner vehicle should help too. So I'm thinking I will put it up for somewhere in the $8 to $9K range and see what interest it draws.

Thanks again for the help,

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone's input. I ran the NADA numbers and that put the truck right around $8K. I'm sure my truck exceeds the normal condition that NADA uses as a base and the fact that it is a one owner vehicle should help too. So I'm thinking I will put it up for somewhere in the $8 to $9K range and see what interest it draws.

Thanks again for the help,

Ed

What state are you in? Link to autotrader or craigslist ad?

What state are you in? Link to autotrader or craigslist ad?

I'm in Delaware County, PA. I have not posted the truck for sale anywhere yet. I was only trying to get an idea of what it might be worth. I will post it properly with pictures and a full description when I decide if I'm going to sell it. It has been a great truck and I'm finding it hard to part with it honestly. The only thing that has me leaning toward selling it is the additional cost of keeping it insured. Anyway, appreciate the comments and the help from everyone.

Archived