Intermittent hum when turning right at high rate of speed

So bought this 2008 Silverado z71 4x4 crew cab, after a few days I noticed that when driving over 70 mph and slightly turning right the truck produces an intermittent hum/buzz: doosh doosh doosh doosh. It comes in a steady pattern and increases intervals in sync with speed. Discarding the possibility that it might be a loose panel or shield. So back to the truck, replaced both axles, both front wheel bearings, front left upper/lower ball joints, and got both front rotors turned and replaced brakes. Of course this noise persisted. Again back to the truck, it has a very obvious bad rear differential, it buzzes.... a lot. I tried rotating the tires and the sound persists only when turning right. I have heard cases of people rotating their tires and still having the same symptoms but the tires being the problem anyway. So right now I am left with thinking the problem might be my tires or the differential or something along the drive train. Can you guys PLEASE shed some light. Thanks.

My '08 Sierra (68,000) was doing the same thing, except it got to the point it was howling all the time just got worse when I turned either way. I checked everything you replaced, couldn't find anything except the inside edge of all the tires (factory Goodyear Wrangler's) were feathered and slightly cupped, long story short a pair of loaded struts, 2 rear shocks and 4 tires and alignment later it is dead silent at any speed.

My '08 Sierra (68,000) was doing the same thing, except it got to the point it was howling all the time just got worse when I turned either way. I checked everything you replaced, couldn't find anything except the inside edge of all the tires (factory Goodyear Wrangler's) were feathered and slightly cupped, long story short a pair of loaded struts, 2 rear shocks and 4 tires and alignment later it is dead silent at any speed.

Im planning on getting new tires, which ones did you get?? My struts/shocks seem okay though but I can not discard them Im having a mechanic come take a look tommorow. I'll point them out.

Pinion bearing?

Im thinking so as well.

I put Michelins on it, and I've had several people tell me there was nothing wrong with the struts but I could tell a difference when I took it off the lift, it was about 1.5" higher in the front(again "loaded" struts) the fact is that my '08 struts were at least 8 years old and have been holding up the front end at least 8 years. The new springs on the struts are starting to settle a little but still about 1" taller than before.

Archived