New Chevrolet CAI installed

They are teed right into the intake tube. You can see them right behind the tube. BTW, this intake is 50 state legal.

Ah I wasn't sure what that was. Looks good. Not enough Chrome for me tho

sent from Florida beech

Good to see GM offering some "real" performance accessories for our trucks and that looks to be of nice quality! Did you buy it at your Chevy Dealer or order it? What if any HP claims does GM say? Very nice thanks for sharing!

Good to see GM offering some "real" performance accessories for our trucks and that looks to be of nice quality! Did you buy it at your Chevy Dealer or order it? What if any HP claims does GM say? Very nice thanks for sharing!

GM doesn't stipulate performance gains with the air intake alone. They say "up to 20%" more air and in combination with their rebranded Corsa exhaust up to 20 HP gains ( I take any such claim with a grain of salt however). Their exhaust is identical to the one I bought two years ago (with exception of the tips). I bought it at the local Chevy dealer.

Edited by Deanjo

• 3 weeks later...

They are teed right into the intake tube. You can see them right behind the tube. BTW, this intake is 50 state legal.

By 50 state legal, do you mean it includes a CARB exemption sticker? I have been checking for a while to see if it was listed on the CARB site and don't recall seeing it unless I have missed it. That's the only thing I am waiting for before I purchase one.

By 50 state legal, do you mean it includes a CARB exemption sticker? I have been checking for a while to see if it was listed on the CARB site and don't recall seeing it unless I have missed it. That's the only thing I am waiting for before I purchase one.

Yup, the sticker is included.

IMG_2874.jpg

Edited by Deanjo
  • Like 1

Yup, the sticker is included.

Oh, wow! thanks! Guess I know what my next purchase is now! I have used K&N stuff for years but don't really want oil filters anymore (just a preference) so, this is great! Thanks for the info!

Edited by wulfgott

Does anyone know if there are any difference that would prevent it from fitting on the 6.2l. I have been looking at one for my 2015 6.2l.

The 6.2 has a bigger diameter throttle body so I think that's about it

So does that mean it may work just need to buy a different silicone coupler that will fit over the larger throttle body.

Assuming you can get a coupler that fits over the TB and this tube, then it would work